Congratulations on getting an American Eagle Interview.
It goes without saying that interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a little preparation, you can ace the American Eagle (AE) Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully prepare for the AE Interview, how to correctly answer frequently asked AE Interview Questions, and Interview Tips.
American Eagle Job Interview
American Eagle Interview Preparation
0 of 10 questions completed
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company. Try this American Eagle Preparation Quiz and see how well you do.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
The American Eagle Brand is focused on which demographic?Correct
They targeted teens to young adults, with the American Eagle Brand focused on 15- to 25-year-oldsIncorrect
They targeted teens to young adults, with the American Eagle Brand focused on 15- to 25-year-olds
Question 2 of 10
What is aerie?Correct
Aerie is an American Eagle brand that supplies intimate apparel.Incorrect
Aerie is an American Eagle brand that supplies intimate apparel.
Question 3 of 10
What year was American Eagle Founded?Correct
American Eagle was founded in 1977Incorrect
American Eagle was founded in 1977
Question 4 of 10
American Eagle has a subsidiary called 77Kids that specializes in children’s clothes. Which countries does 77Kids operate in?Correct
American Eagle no longer operates 77kidsIncorrect
American Eagle no longer operates 77kids
Question 5 of 10
Is American Eagle is a publicly traded company?Correct
Yes, American Eagle is a publicly traded company.Incorrect
Yes, American Eagle is a publicly traded company.
Question 6 of 10
In addition to clothing, American Eagle sells shoes?Correct
Yes, American Eagle sells shoes to both men and women.Incorrect
Yes, American Eagle sells shoes to both men and women.
Question 7 of 10
Where is the headquarters of American Eagle?Correct
The headquarters are in Pittsburg PA.Incorrect
The headquarters are in Pittsburg PA.
Question 8 of 10
Does American Eagle offer their customers a credit card?Correct
Yes, American Eagle offers their clients a visa credit card.Incorrect
Yes, American Eagle offers their clients a visa credit card.
Question 9 of 10
What features does American Eagle Mobile App offer?Correct
All of the aboveIncorrect
All of the above
Question 10 of 10
Company-owned retail stores are located in shopping malls in which countries?Correct
U.S., Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and the United KingdomIncorrect
U.S., Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom
Remember knowing as much as you can about the company is key!!! Don’t be afraid to retake the quiz until you get 100%.
American Eagle Interview Questions
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- If you do not have any retail experience, tell them about any customer service experience you have.
- If you do not have any work experience state you have been focusing on your education, and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
What can you tell us about American Eagle?
- American Eagle Outfitters is a leading apparel and accessories retailer that operates more than 1000 retail stores in the U.S. and internationally.
- The head office is in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- Their online business AEO Direct ships to 81 countries worldwide.
- The American Eagle Outfitters brand targets 15 to 25-year-old men and women.
- They also operate a brand known as Aerie. The Aerie brand is a collection of intimates and personal care products for women that want to feel good about whom they are.
- The first store opened in 1977.
- They opened in Canada in 2000.
- American Eagle no longer operates 77kids.
- In 2010, they opened stores in Dubai, Kuwait, Hong Kong, Russia, and Shanghai.
- They are a publicly traded company under the symbol NYSE: AEO.
Why do you want to work for American Eagle?
- Mention you love fashion and you love to help others look good in what they wear. If people feel good about what they wear they will be more confident.
- Say you like to work in a fast paced environment.
- Say you like the product and great value American Eagle offers.
What is your greatest strength?
- My communication skills (this is a great answer because you will constantly be dealing with customers)
- I am a quick learner (this is a good answer because they will spend less time training you)
What is your greatest weakness?
- You don’t make enough time for your hobbies and interests when you get caught up in your career or school.
Why should I hire you?
- I am punctual.
- I am a hard worker.
- I am good with people.
- I am a fast learner.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you want to stay in retail mention you would like to have a career in retail management.
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
- If you are going to college state what you would like to do after you finish school.
Do you have any questions for us?
- If offered the position is there any take-home training material I can read?
- What type of advancement can your top performers expect?
American Eagle Interview Tips
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
What to wear at an American Eagle Interview
- If you are interviewing for a non-management position then dress business casually. If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.