Congratulations on getting an Applebee’s interview.
We can all agree that interviews are stressful and that competition is fierce.
However, with a little preparation, you can ace the Applebee’s interview.
In this article, we will discuss how to prepare for the Applebee’s interview, how to answer interview questions, followed by interview tips.
Applebee’s Job Interview
Applebee’s Interview Preparation
0 of 10 questions completed
Here is the deal
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make at an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company.
To prepare, take the Applebee’s Prep Quiz and see how you do!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
Who is Applebee’s parent company?Correct
Question 2 of 10
Applebee’s is the largest casual dining chain in the world?Correct
Question 3 of 10
Applebee’s has a under 600 calories menu?Correct
Question 4 of 10
Applebee’s original name was T.J. Edibles & ElixirsCorrect
True. In 1986 they changed their name to Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar.Incorrect
True. In 1986 they changed their name to Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar.
Question 5 of 10
What is Carside To GoCorrect
Customers phone in and pick up their order by having it delivered to their car door.Incorrect
Customers phone in and pick up their order by having it delivered to their car door.
Question 6 of 10
Applebee’s has an iOS and Andriod app so customers can order via their mobile device.Correct
True – Applebee’s has an iOS and Andriod app so customers can order via their mobile device.Incorrect
True – Applebee’s has an iOS and Andriod app so customers can order via their mobile device.
Question 7 of 10
Applebee’s has a kids menu?Correct
True – Applebee’s does have a kids menu.Incorrect
True – Applebee’s does have a kids menu.
Question 8 of 10
What year was Applebee’s founded in?Correct
Question 9 of 10
Where was the first restaurant opened?Correct
Question 10 of 10
What is considered Applebee’s signature dish?Correct
Keep taking the quiz until you get 100%. This is necessary to show you are knowledgeable about Applebee’s! This is something that the interviewer is looking for.
Applebee’s Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Applebee’s?
- Applebee’s is the largest casual-dining chain in the world.
- The menu consists of 2 for $20 menu, cross-cut ribs, lunch combos, entrees & main dishes, appetizers, handcrafted burgers, sandwiches, salads, and a kids menu.
- The first Applebee’s opened in Atlanta, Georgia in 1980.
- The first franchise restaurant was opened in Kansas City.
- Customers can order their meal online.
- Many restaurants offer Car Side to Go, allowing customers to order online and have their meal delivered to the Car Side to Go parking spot.
- There is an under 600 calorie menu.
- Applebee’s parent company is dineEquity.
Why do you want to work for Applebee’s?
- Tell the interviewer that you would love to learn more about the restaurant industry, as well as business in general and that you feel Applebee’s would be a good place to achieve this. Applebee’s has received numerous awards such as “Chain of the Year” from Restaurant Hospitality Magazine, “Excellence in Retention Award” from National Restaurant Magazine, and “One of America’s Best Managed Companies” from Forbes Magazine.
- Say how their product is better than the competition. You can mention something like how you love the lunch combo meal, the desserts and how the atmosphere is very friendly.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you see yourself staying at Applebee’s, say you see yourself in a career in restaurant management.
- If you are going to college, tell them this and state what you plan on doing once you finish your degree.
Why should Applebee’s hire you?
- All restaurants will be looking for someone who works well as part of a team, is punctual, is a great communicator, and works well under pressure. State that you have these skills and, because of this, you would be a good fit at Applebee’s.
Do you have any restaurant experience?
- If so, mention it, as it will help you get the job but be prepared for the “why did you leave” question?
- If you don’t have restaurant experience, don’t worry about it. Applebee’s hires lots of first-time employees.
How would you deal with a difficult customer?
- Say you would give the customer your full attention and ask how he/she is doing. If they were upset about a product state you would offer to replace it. If they are upset about the wait time, say that you would apologize and ensure that you would provide extra-special care to this customer for the duration of their visit.
Questions to ask on an Applebee’s Interview?
- What do you like best about working at Applebee’s?
- What type of training will I receive?
Applebee’s Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast on the interview as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Learn as much as possible about Applebee’s
Applebee’s Interview Attire
- As a rule of thumb, you always want to dress one step better than the interviewer. Looking at Applebee’s uniform, it looks like you will do fine dressing business casual.
Does Applebee’s drug test for employment?
- There is no evidence to suggest that Applebee’s does a drug test on their employees.