Congratulations on getting an ASDA Interview.
Let’s face it, interviews are stressful and the competition is fierce.
However, with a little bit of preparation, you can make a great impression on your ASDA interview.
Here we will discuss what to expect from the ASDA Interview process, Interview Preparation, how to successfully answer ASDA Interview Questions and Interview Tips.
ASDA Job Interview
ASDA Interview Process
- Many people talk about the Magic Event. This session is designed to test your communication skills. They will first ask you to attend a group interview and find out a few things about the person sitting next to you, and then you have to tell the rest of the group. Other people have mentioned they had to go on the floor and ask a customer if they needed help or ask colleagues what it is like to work at ASDA. This will be followed by a 1 on 1 interview.
ASDA Interview Preparation
0 of 10 questions completed
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company. Try this ASDA Preparation Quiz and see how well you do.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
How many types of ASDA stores are there?Correct
There are 4 types of stores which are: Supercentres, Superstores, Supermarkets, and Asda Living stores.Incorrect
Question 2 of 10
What is Asda Living?Correct
Asda Living stores are dedicated to George and non-food products, offering a range of George Home, Fashion and general merchandise to our customers.Incorrect
Asda Living stores are dedicated to George and non-food products, offering a range of George Home, Fashion and general merchandise to our customers.
Question 3 of 10
Asda offers Petrol filling stations?Correct
True – Their petrol filling stations offer both pay-at-pump and pay-at-kiosk services, as well as a small convenience store that provides customers with a variety of food to go, and travel-friendly products.Incorrect
True – Their petrol filling stations offer both pay-at-pump and pay-at-kiosk services, as well as a small convenience store that provides customers with a variety of food to go, and travel-friendly products.
Question 4 of 10
Asda is a subsidiary of Walmart?Correct
True: It became a subsidiary of Walmart in July 1999.Incorrect
True: It became a subsidiary of Walmart in July 1999.
Question 5 of 10
What year was Asda founded?Correct
Asda was founded in 1949.Incorrect
Asda was founded in 1949.
Question 6 of 10
Asda headquarters are located in which city?Correct
Question 7 of 10
Asda Money offers car insurance, credit cards, and travel money.Correct
True – Asda Money offers car insurance, credit cards, and travel money.Incorrect
True – Asda Money offers car insurance, credit cards, and travel money.
Question 8 of 10
Asda also operates a mobile phone network called Asda Mobile?Correct
True – Asda also operates a mobile phone network called Asda Mobile.Incorrect
True – Asda also operates a mobile phone network called Asda Mobile.
Question 9 of 10
What is the name of Asda clothing brand?Correct
Question 10 of 10
What is the slogan for Asda?Correct
Save Money. Live BetterIncorrect
Save Money. Live Better
Remember knowing as much as you can about the company is key!!! Don’t be afraid to retake the quiz until you get 100%.
ASDA Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about ASDA?
- ASDA is a supermarket chain that sells food, clothing, toys, and financial services.
- ASDA stands for Associated Dairies and Farm Stores.
- ASDA was formed in 1949.
- The slogan is, “Save Money. Live Better”.
- The parent company is Walmart.
- ASDA expands into Northern Ireland in 2005.
- ASDA has over 525 stores across the UK.
- ASDA has the price guarantee. The price guarantee states if ASDA is not 10% cheaper on your comparable grocery shopping we’ll give you the difference.
Why do you want to work for ASDA?
- State you love the product and the service and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
Who is the CEO of ASDA?
- The CEO of is Sean Clarke.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you).
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because you will appear focused during busy periods at ASDA).
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. Try something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at ASDA jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years. This way it will look like you are in it for the long haul.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask on an ASDA Interview?
- What can type of career advancement can your top performers expect?
- What do you like best about working at ASDA?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
ASDA Interview Tips
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.