Congratulations on getting an A&W Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a small bit of preparation, you can land the job at A&W.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer frequently asked A&W Interview Questions.
A&W Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) What can you tell us about A&W?
- A&W is known for its draft root beer and root beer floats.
- The restaurant started as a root beer stand in Lodi California.
- The first restaurant opened in 1923.
- The company was named after the founder’s surname: Roy W. Allen and Frank Wright.
- In 1972, A&W Canada and A&W are a separate chain and remain unaffiliated.
- A&W in the U.S. offers A&W Root Beer, Burgers and Chicken, Sweets and Treats, Hot Dogs, Kids Meals, and Sides.
- A&W Canada offers Breakfast, Burgers, Chicken Burgers, Chubby Chicken, Drinks, and Fries.
- The headquarters for A&W is in Lexington, Kentucky
- The headquarters for A&W Canada is in Vancouver Canada.
- A&W has over 750 locations in Canada.
3) Why do you want to work for A&W?
- Say you love the product and the service you get at A&W and because of this you would be proud to represent them.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because A&W will have to spend less time training you).
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because you will appear to be prepared for A&Ws rush hour).
5) What is your greatest weakness?
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- I forget to take enough personal time for myself when I get caught up in my work.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- There are many questions to ask on how would you deal with this situation so be sure you can deal with these types of questions.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
8) Why should I hire you?
Possible answers are:
- I work hard.
- I am a quick learner.
- I am punctual.
- I am good with people.
Questions to ask on an A&W Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take home material A&W offers so I can get a head start?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?