Congratulations on getting an interview at Baja Fresh Mexican Grill. Here you will find frequently asked Baja Fresh Interview Questions and Answers.
Baja Fresh Interview Questions
1) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- What they really want to hear is how your previous work experience matches the experience required for the job you are applying for. So if you have experience working in a kitchen, working with customers, or in a team now is the time to mention it.
- If you do not have any work experience say you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
2) What can you tell us about Baja Fresh?
- The restaurant first opened in 1990.
- They offer Mexican-style fast food made with fresh ingredients.
- Baja Fresh serves handmade food, not processed.
3) Why do you want to work for Baja Fresh?
For this question, you want to flatter them and say why you would rather work for them, rather their competitor.
- Say you would like a job that keeps you active.
- Say you have great communication skills which will allow you to work well in a team as well as with the customers.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Baja Fresh. Try something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you say something like restaurant management you will sound like someone who is a good fit for the business.
8) Why should Baja Fresh hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) Do you have any questions for us?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- Why is the position open?
- What are successful characteristics of top-performing employees?
Baja Fresh Interview Tips
- Never use the world fast food. Instead, use the word quick service industry.
- Arrive 5 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Have good body posture as it will prevent you from mumbling.
Baja Fresh Interview Attire
- Dress formal but, if possible, incorporate their colors into what you wear (without looking tacky).
- Remember you want to look like someone who can serve food, so if you have long hair wear it back, and wear a minimal amount of jewelry. Guys remember to trim any facial hair.
Do you have any suggestions for these Baja Fresh interview questions? Share your thoughts or any ideas below.