Congratulations on getting a Banana Republic Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Banana Republic job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer the Banana Republic interview questions
Banana Republic Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
- If possible, mention any customer service or retail experience you have.
What can you tell us about Banana Republic?
- They are well known for their modern apparel, handbag, shoes, and accessories.
- They were founded in 1978.
- The GAP is the parent company.
Why do you want to work for Banana Republic?
- Say you love the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
- Say you love fashion and love helping others look fashionable.
- Mention you have great communication skills which will allow you to exceed in this role in regards to working with customers.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I am a people person. This is a great answer as you will work with many customers.
If a customer asked where an item is in the store what would you tell them?
- I would walk them over and make sure they found the particular item.
What is your greatest weakness?
Make sure your greatest weakens does not impact your ability to work. State something like:
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work, I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (say you would reference the Banana Republic Return Policy first). It is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
Why should I hire you?
Here you want to find the skills in the job description, and reassure the interviewer that you have those skills. For example, suppose I was applying for the position of a store associate. The job posting states:
- Educates customers on our product offers, and promotions (skill: communication).
- Completes tasks as directed by a leader (skill: detailed oriented, listening).
- Assists team members in customer interactions (skill: team player).
So when asked why I should hire you state:
- I have excellent communication skills which will allow me to educate customers on products, offers, and promotions.
- I am detailed oriented and I will always complete my tasks thoroughly.
- I am a team player and will continuously assist other team members in need of help.
Questions to ask on a Banana Republic Interview?
- What training will I get?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?
Banana Republic Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Have good eye contact as it will show you are telling the truth.
- Do not talk too quickly as you will sound nervous.
- Have good posture as it will prevent you from mumbling.
Banana Republic Second Interview
- The interview will be more than likely the same but with the manager.
- If possible find the manager’s name, any hobbies the manager has, and see if you have similar interests. Simply search the manager’s name on the internet or use Facebook to look it up. By finding similar hobbies and interests, you can form a common bond with the manager.