Congratulations on getting an interview at Bank of America. The Bank of America Interview Process states they use competency-based interviews to measure key aptitudes, attributes, and values that an individual must demonstrate to be successful in the job. The number of interviews will vary by role and line of business. Here you will find a step-by-step guide on how to successfully interview at Bank of America.
Bank of America Job Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Bank of America?
- The headquarters are in Charlotte North Carolina.
- Bank of America started the first national credit card program called BankAmericard which was eventually named Visa.
- There are 4,700 retail financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.
- Bank of America acquired Merrill Lynch in 2008.
- The banks eight lines of business are retail, preferred and small business, Merril Lynch Wealth Management, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, and Global Corporate and Investment Banking.
Why do you want to work for Bank of America?
- If you just finished school or are doing a Bank of America internship, you can say you would like to work for a bank that is recognized as a top employer for new grads by CNN Money.
- Say you would like a career in banking and feel you could learn a lot by working at a Fortune 500 company.
- Tell the interviewer that the position you are applying for aligns with your long-term career goals.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- It’s best to state you want a career in the banking industry as they want to see if you are a good fit for the job.
- Have a look at Bank of America’s website and see if you can find a job you can see yourself doing in five years. For example, if you are applying for the position of quality assurance tester maybe you can find a quality assurance manager.
What is your greatest strength?
- Revisit the job description and find skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer you have those skills. For example, a teller will be required to work under pressure and have great communication skills. Therefore, tell the interviewer you work well under pressure and have strong communication skills.
Bank of America Interview Tips
- Leave early and allow travel time. Arrive 5-10 minutes early (don’t arrive too early, if you do kill time in the local cafe or lobby).
- Turn off your phone.
- Bring at least three copies of your resume.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview and have good posture.
- Do as much research as you can on the company.
Questions to ask on a Bank of America Interview
- Review the job description and ask specific questions related to the job you are interviewing for.
- What do you like best about working at Bank of America?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?