Congratulations on getting a Bank of America Interview.
We all know that interviews are stressful and competition is fierce!
But with a little bit of preparation, you can ace the Bank of America Interview.
Here you will find a step-by-step guide on how to successfully interview at Bank of America.
We will discuss the Bank of America Interview Process, how to prepare for the interview, advice on how to successfully answer interview questions, and finally review great interview tips.
Bank of America Interview Guide
Bank of America Interview Preparation
0 of 10 questions completed
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company.
Try this Bank of America Preparation Quiz and see how well you do.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
Bank of America was originally called the Bank of Italy?Correct
True – The Bank of Italy was founded in San Francisco in 1904. It served the needs of immigrants who were denied services at other American Banks. The bank changed its name to Bank of America in 1930.Incorrect
True – The Bank of Italy was founded in San Francisco in 1904. It served the needs of immigrants who were denied services at other American Banks. The bank changed its name to Bank of America in 1930.
Question 2 of 10
A Bank of America Heritage Bank in San Francisco (Known as the Bank of Italy), opened the country’s first bank by and for women, The Women’s Banking Department.Correct
Question 3 of 10
Where is Bank of America’s head office located?Correct
The headquarters are in Charlotte North Carolina.Incorrect
The headquarters are in Charlotte North Carolina.
Question 4 of 10
Bank of America started the first national credit card program called BankAmericard. Was it later renamed to?Correct
Question 5 of 10
Bank of America acquired which investment bank in 2008?Correct
Question 6 of 10
Bank of America is the third-largest bank by assets?
Question 7 of 10
Bank of America launched a digital assistant named Erica. Customers will be able to use voice or text to communicate with Erica and get advice, check balances and pay bills.Correct
Question 8 of 10
What percentage does Bank of America generate from its domestic market?Correct
Question 9 of 10
Which division is Bank of America’s largest?Correct
Question 10 of 10
Bank of America is in all 50 states?Correct
True – Bank of America is in all 50 StatesIncorrect
True – Bank of America is in all 50 States
Remember knowing as much as you can about the company is key!!! Don’t be afraid to retake the quiz until you get 100%.
Bank of America Interview Process
The Bank of America Interview Process states they use competency-based interviews to measure key aptitudes, attributes, and values that an individual must demonstrate to be successful in the job.
Bank of America Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Bank of America?
Here is the deal:
You are wondering why I am asking this question after making you take the quiz.
But I can’t emphasize enough that not knowing the company is the single biggest interview mistake you can make!
- The headquarters are in Charlotte North Carolina.
- Bank of America started the first national credit card program called BankAmericard which was eventually named Visa.
- There are 4,700 retail financial centers and 16,000 ATMs.
- Bank of America acquired Merrill Lynch in 2008.
- The banks eight lines of business are retail, preferred and small business, Merril Lynch Wealth Management, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, and Global Corporate and Investment Banking.
Why do you want to work for Bank of America?
- If you just finished school or are doing a Bank of America internship, you can say you would like to work for a bank that is recognized as a top employer for new grads by CNN Money.
- Say you would like a career in banking and feel you could learn a lot by working at a Fortune 500 company.
- Tell the interviewer that the position you are applying for aligns with your long-term career goals.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- It’s best to state you want a career in the banking industry as they want to see if you are a good fit for the job.
- Have a look at Bank of America’s website and see if you can find a job you can see yourself doing in five years. For example, if you are applying for the position of quality assurance tester maybe you can find a quality assurance manager.
What is your greatest strength?
- Revisit the job description and find skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer you have those skills. For example, a teller will be required to work under pressure and have great communication skills. Therefore, tell the interviewer you work well under pressure and have strong communication skills.
Bank of America Interview Tips
- Leave early and allow travel time. Arrive 5-10 minutes early (don’t arrive too early, if you do kill time in the local cafe or lobby).
- Turn off your phone.
- Bring at least three copies of your resume.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview and have good posture.
- Do as much research as you can on the company.
Questions to ask on a Bank of America Interview
- Review the job description and ask specific questions related to the job you are interviewing for.
- What do you like best about working at Bank of America?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?