Congratulations on getting a Bank of Montreal Interview!
But let’s face it:
Interviews are stressful and competition is fierce!
However, with a little bit of preparation, you can ace the Bank of Montreal Interview.
This post will discuss how to successfully prepare for the BMO Interview, how to correctly answer interview questions, followed by BMO Interview Tips
BMO Interview Preparation
0 of 10 questions completed
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company. Try this Bank of Montreal Preparation Quiz and test your knowledge.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
Bank of Montreal is Canada’s oldest bank?Correct
True – The bank officially started conducting business on November 3rd, 1817.Incorrect
True – The bank officially started conducting business on November 3rd, 1817.
Question 2 of 10
What is BMO’s Branch Number?Correct
001 – as this indicates it is Canada’s oldest bank.Incorrect
001 – as this indicates it is Canada’s oldest bank.
Question 3 of 10
BMO has a substantial amount of operations in Chicago and elsewhere in the United States. What is the name of this bank?Correct
BMO Harris BankIncorrect
BMO Harris Bank
Question 4 of 10
BMO has never missed a dividend payment since 1929?Correct
True – as of this writing BMO has never missed a dividend payment since 1829 making it one of the longest in the world.Incorrect
True – as of this writing BMO has never missed a dividend payment since 1829 making it one of the longest in the world.
Question 5 of 10
In 1925, BMO merged with Molson Bank?Correct
True – The Molson Bank was a Canadian bank founded in Montreal, Quebec, by brothers William and John Molson, Jr., the sons of brewery magnate John MolsonIncorrect
True – The Molson Bank was a Canadian bank founded in Montreal, Quebec, by brothers William and John Molson, Jr., the sons of brewery magnate John Molson
Question 6 of 10
What is the name of the Wealth Management Division and Molson?Correct
BMO Nesbitt BurnsIncorrect
BMO Nesbitt Burns
Question 7 of 10
What is the name of BMOs online trading platform?Correct
Question 8 of 10
What is the name of BMO’s Investment Bank?Correct
BMO Capital MarketsIncorrect
BMO Capital Markets
Question 9 of 10
Moneris is Canada’s largest payment processor and acquirer of debit and credit card payments. It is a joint venture between BMO and what other Canadian Bank?Correct
Question 10 of 10
BMO is a member of?Correct
Remember knowing as much as you can about the company is key!!! Don’t be afraid to retake the quiz until you get 100%.
BMO Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- This is not the opportunity to tell your life story.
- You should talk about what your current position is or what you are currently doing, discuss your previous work experience, and where you would like to be in the future.
- Remember your previous work experience, your current work experience, and your future goals all need to relate to the position you are applying too.
What can you tell us about Bank of Montreal?
- Bank of Montreal (BMO) is Canada’s oldest bank.
- BMO has been around since 1817.
- BMO has over 900 branches.
- BMO also operates BMO Harris Bank, BMO Capital Markets, and BMO Nesbitt Burns.
- BMO has never missed a dividend payment.
Why do you want to work for Bank of Montreal?
Here’s the deal!
You really need to “wow” the interviewer with your response. Here are some great answers:
- Say you would like to grow your career in the banking industry and you feel BMO is the place to do it! With awards ranging from 2017 Great Place to Work to the Best Commercial Bank in Canada, say you feel you could learn a lot by working at BMO.
- Say as Canada’s fourth-largest bank, you feel there are lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career at BMO.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because you will need less training by other BMO employees) or
- I work well under pressure (this a great answer especially if you are interviewing as a teller).
What is your greatest weakness?
- Say when you get caught up in your work you forget to make personal time for yourself.
Tell me an accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Have you made a process more efficient or saved a company money? These are great accomplishments that you should be proud of.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Look at Bank of Montreal’s jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.
Why should I hire you?
- I am a hard worker.
- I work well under pressure.
- I am punctual.
- I am a quick learner.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What training will I receive?
- What type if promotion can your top employees expect at Bank of Montreal?
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Dress formally.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Bring an extra copy of your resume.