Congratulations on getting a Barnes and Noble Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a bit of preparation, you can ace the Barnes and Noble Job Interview.
Here you will find how to answer frequently asked Barnes and Noble Interview Questions.
Barnes and Noble Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about Barnes & Noble?
- They are the largest bookstore in the United States.
- Barnes and Noble offer more than just books. They offer Barnes & Noble Kids, DVD and Blue Ray Store, Music Store, and Home and Gift Store.
- Barnes and Noble offer NOOK the world’s most advanced e-book reader.
Why do you want to work for Barnes and Noble?
- Say you have a passion for reading (be prepared to talk about your favorite author or talk about what you are reading).
- Say you enjoy the product and the service you receive at Barnes and Noble and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because the bookstore can get very busy and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way that your greatest weakness does not cost you the job at Barnes and Nobel. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time off for my hobbies.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would reference the return policy and see if I can replace it.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Why not look at the Barnes and Noble jobs website and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
How did you find this job
- State you think working at Barnes and Noble would be a good fit and have been actively applying on their website. It sounds better than a generic job board
Questions to ask on a Barnes and Noble Interview?
- What do you like best about working at Barnes and Noble?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- The Interview Checklist
- Interview Tips
- Behavioural Interview Questions
- General Interview Questions
- 3 Ways to Answer “What’s Your Biggest Weakness?”
Have success answering Barnes and Noble Interview Questions in the past? Share your thoughts or any suggestions below.