Congratulations on getting a Best Buy Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Best Buy interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Best Buy Interview Questions.
Best Buy Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) What can you tell us about Best Buy?
- Best Buy offers electronics, computers, appliances, video games and more.
- Geek Squad is a subsidiary of Best Buy.
3) Why do you want to work for Best Buy?
- State you love the products that Best Buy offers and you enjoy working with customers; emphasize that you feel working at Best Buy will allow you to do both.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you and learning new technologies is key at Best Buy!)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Best Buy. You should state something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with the Best Buy Return Policy first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- Have a look at Best Buys return policy and become familiar with it.
7) Why should Best Buy hire you?
To answer this question successfully, you want to reread the job post and find key skills and experience they are looking for. Then reassure the interviewer that you have the skills and experience required to fill the position. Suppose you are applying for the position of sales-consultant. The sales consultant job description says:
- 3 months experience working in customer service, sales or retail (experience required: customer service, sales, or retail).
- Prior experience in a team environment requiring clear, professional and effective communication (skill required: teamwork and communication).
- 3 months experience actively using and learning about consumer electronics (skill required: quick learner).
So when asked why we should hire you say:
- I have over 3 months experience working in retail.
- I will work well in a team environment as I have excellent communication skills.
- I am a quick learner which will allow me to keep up with consumer electronics.
8) Questions to ask in a Best Buy Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can read?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working at Best Buy?
Best Buy Interview Attire
- Dress formal or at the very least dress business casual.
- You need to dress one step better than the person who is interviewing you.