Congratulations on getting a Big Boy Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a bit of preparation, you can ace the Big Boy Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer interview questions at Big Boy Restaurants.
Big Boy Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) What do you like best about Big Boy?
- This question is designed to see if you familiar with the product so be sure to study the menu.
3) What can you tell us about Big Boy?
- Big Boy serves breakfast, sandwiches, salads and soups, burgers, snacks, and shakes.
- Big Boy started in 1936 in Glendale California by Bob Wian.
- The first double decker was served in 1937.
- A chubby six-year-old in overalls loved the double decker burger so much he would help the owner clean up the restaurant. The owner ended up naming the restaurant Big Boy after the chubby six-year-old.
- The headquarters are in Detroit Michigan.
4) Why do you want to work for Big Boy?
- State you love the product and service you get at Big Boy and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
5) Who is the CEO?
- The CEO is Keith E. Sirois
6) What hours are you available?
- Learn the hours the restaurant is open and try and be flexible in regards to those hours.
7) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
8) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Big Boy. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
9) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
10) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you would like to stay in the restaurant industry state you would like a career in restaurant management or perhaps be a chef.
11) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
12) How would you define great customer service?
- The customer is always right.
- Make sure the customer gets exactly what he or she ordered.
- The meal is delivered in a timely manner.
Questions to ask on a Big Boy Interview
- What do you like best about working at Big Boy?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What are characteristics of your top performing employees?