A server greets guests, takes orders from guests, and makes sure the customer has a great experience at the restaurant. Here you will find Big Boy Server Interview Questions and Answers.
Big Boy Server Job Interview Questions
Tell us about your resume?
- If you have any customer, hospitality, or restaurant experience now is the time to mention it.
- If this is your first job tell them you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
What are traits of a great server?
- The waiter or waitress is never too busy for the customer.
- The server is a good listener and always makes sure the customer gets exactly what they ordered.
How would you handle an upset or irate customer?
- I would give the customer my full attention and make sure they feel listened to.
- I would sympathize with the customer and apologize for any inconvenience and fix the situation.
- Finally, say you feel it is necessary to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will not return.
Why should I hire you?
Possible answers for this Big Boy Server Interview Questions are:
- I work well under pressure and can handle the restaurants rush hours.
- I work well as an individual as well as in a team.
- I have excellent listening skills and always makes sure the customer gets the correct order.
- I can multitask and easily handle more than one table at a time.
- If you have career goals you can say what you do to reach those goals.
How do you handle your downtime?
- Often I clean or see if anyone else needs help.
- I make sure I have the correct amount of change for the customer.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What did the previous server do well?
- What could the last waiter improve on?
Have you had success answering Big Boy Server Interview Questions in the past? If so, tell us by commenting below.