Congratulations on getting a Boston Pizza Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Boston Pizza Job Interview.
Here you will find frequently asked interview questions and answers at Boston Pizza Restaurants
Boston Pizza Interview Questions
1) What can you tell me about Boston Pizza?
- The first Boston Pizza was in Edmonton.
- The first restaurant was opened in 1964.
- In the United States, Boston Pizza is called Boston’s – The Gourmet Pizza.
- There are over 380 restaurants in Canada.
- They have a foundation that supports charities across Canada and around the world.
- They have air miles for their customers.
2) Why do you want to work at Boston Pizza?
- Tell them you have a passion for food and let them know your favourite item on the menu — mine is the tropical chicken pizza.
- If you are going to university tell them you think Boston Pizza will be a great way to pay for school.
- Tell them about the great customer service you have at Boston Pizza and if hired, you will be a proud employee of the restaurant. For example, I love the Boston double cheeseburger Stromboli, an item no longer on their menu. When I asked about the Stromboli the restaurant I was at still made it, this is a good example of great customer service one gets at BP.
3) What hours can you work?
- Be as flexible as possible in regards to the hours you can work. If you are applying for a position as a cook remember Boston Pizza makes their own pizza dough. When I worked there they started making the dough at 6 a.m. If you want to work nights I suggest looking into their closing time and being able to work a little after closing time as they will want help cleaning the restaurant.
4) How would you define great customer service?
- Great service is when the food is delivered on time, fresh and made exactly the way the customer wanted it. The server is polite and courteous and never leaves the customer waiting. Great service also happens when you go out of your way for the customer. For example, I recently asked for an item that is no longer on the menu. The server said they would ask the kitchen if they could make it. The kitchen did make the product and I left feeling very happy (the item was the Bacon Double Cheeseburger Boston Stromboli).
- Tip!!! Why not search Boston Pizza’s Facebook or Twitter account and search for examples of great customer service.
5) Can you drive?
- Pizza delivery generates a lot of revenue for Boston Pizza. Be sure to tell the interviewer that you are interested or, at least, open to being a delivery driver. Do not tell them you are interested in delivering pizza for tips.
6) What experience do you have?
- If possible, let the interviewer know about any restaurant experience you have.
- If you don’t have restaurant experience, perhaps you have experience dealing with customers or working under pressure (if so tell them).
- If you don’t have any work experience state you have been focusing on your education and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
7) What are your salary requirements?
- Personally, I like to flip the question and ask “what is the salary range?”
8) Why should I hire you?
- I am a fast worker.
- I am a quick learner.
- I am very punctual.
9) Questions to ask on a Boston Pizza Interview?
- What training will I receive?
- What hours will I work?
- What are some characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What do you like best about working at Boston Pizza?
Have you had success answering Boston Pizza Interview Questions in the past? Share your success or any ideas below.