Congratulations on getting a California Pizza Kitchen Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the California Pizza Kitchen Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer California Pizza Interview Questions.
California Pizza Kitchen Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about California Pizza Kitchen?
- The first restaurant was opened in Beverly Hills in 1985.
- CPK is known for pizzas such as The Original BBQ Chicken, Thai Chicken, and Jamaican Jerk Chicken.
- You can buy CPK pizza in many local grocery stores.
- CPK also offers appetizers, soups, gluten free pizzas, vegetarian and vegan menu.
Why do you want to work for California Pizza Kitchen?
- State why it is better than the competition.
- Say you would like a job that keeps you active and will enjoy the challenge of working under pressure.
- Say you enjoy the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
What is the difference between customer service and hospitality?
- Hospitality takes customer service to another level. Hospitality is defined as the friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers. Customer Service is the assistance and advice provided by a company to those people who buy or use its products or services. Customer Service does not imply going above and beyond for the customer.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at CPK. Say something like:
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
Who are our biggest competitors?
- Their biggest competitors are The Cheesecake Factory, Chipotle Mexican Grill, and P.F. Chang’s
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at other California Pizza Kitchen Jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years (this way you will sound like you are not a job hopper)
Why should California Pizza Kitchen hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask on a California Pizza Kitchen Interview
- What do you like best about working here?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What are attributes of top-performing employees?
California Pizza Kitchen Interview Tips
- Arrive five minutes early to the interview
- Have good eye contact during the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t slouch as it will prevent you from mumbling.
What to wear?
- Dress formal or at the very least business casual.
- Remember you want to look like someone who can serve food so if you have long hair wear it back, wear a minimal amount of jewelry, and guys trim any facial hair.
Does California Pizza Kitchen Drug Test
- There is no evidence to support that California Pizza Kitchen Drug Tests. California Pizza does want to maintain a drug-free workplace and all applicants must acknowledge that the use of drugs creates an unsafe working environment.