Congratulations on getting a Canadian Tire Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Canadian Tire Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Canadian Tire Interview Questions.
Canadian Tire Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Canadian Tire?
- They offer products for everyday life to get the job done.
- They have 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets across the country.
- They were started in Toronto.
- About 90% of the Canadian population lives within a 15-minute commute of a Canadian Tire store.
- In 1958, they opened their first gas bar.
- They purchased the company Sport Chek.
- They also own owns Mark’s.
2) Why do you want to work for Canadian Tire?
- If you are interested in business or retail say that you think a career at Canadian Tire will teach you a lot about retail.
- Tell them you enjoy working with customers.
- Tell them you are happy with the products you get from Canadian Tire.
- Canadian Tire has a charity called JumpStart. JumpStart invests in children whose parents cannot afford to enroll their children in sports and recreation programs. Say because of JumpStart you would be proud to work for them.
3) What do you see yourself doing in five years?
- There are many departments at Canadian Tire. These departments are automotive, living, fixing, sports, playing, apparel, and financial services. If you have an interest in one of these departments say that you would be interested in working in one of these departments. The interviewer wants to see ambition so be prepared for this question.
4) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset with the product I would see if they could exchange it (Tip! Be sure to learn the return policy at Canadian Tire to prepare for this question).
- If the customer was upset because they cannot find a particular item I would find it for them.
5) Why should I hire you?
- I am a hard worker.
- Say you are a people person and will enjoy working with customers.
- Say you are punctual.
6) Are you good at Math?
- If they ask you this question than more than likely they want you to be a cashier. If you are good at math tell them. If you are not good at math tell them you don’t have a problem with basic math.
7) Questions to ask on a Canadian Tire Interview?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
Canadian Tire Interview Cheat Sheet