Why do you want to be a server?
- Say you enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment.
- Say you are outgoing by nature and like to meet new people, and make them feel welcomed.
Why should we hire you as a server?
For this question, you want to have a read of the job description and find key skills they are looking and match those skills to your own. The job description states:
- As a key part of our front-of-the-house team, you will act as our service ambassador, ensuring every guest expectation is met and every experience is a positive one (skill required: attention to detail)
- Your knowledge of the menu and superior people skills will put you at ease, as you interact with guests, and promote merchandise and menu items (skill required: learning and communication)
- Some cleaning and light lifting will be required (skill required: teamwork)
A possible answer to this question is
- I pay great attention to detail which will allow me to ensure guest expectations are meet and all guests leave satisfied.
- I have excellent communication and listening skills which will allow me to work well with guests.
- I have good teamwork skills which will allow me to work well with the kitchen staff and I will always pitch in for other duties such as cleaning.
How would you deal with an irate customer?
- Say you would give your full attention to the customer to make sure they feel they are listened to. Then I would sympathize with the customer. If the customer was upset with the product I would offer to replace it.
- Say you believe you always want a customer to leave happy as an unhappy customer will never return and worse tell others
Questions to ask on a Cracker Barrel Server Interview?
- Why is the position open?
- Can you describe your top performing servers?