Why do you want to be a dishwasher?
- Say you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will enjoy the challenge of working under pressure.
- Say with Denny’s being such a successful franchise you feel you can learn a lot about the restaurant industry.
Why should Denny’s hire you as their dishwasher?
For this question, you want to reread the job description and find key skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own. After rereading the posting here is what I see the skills they are looking for
- A Denny’s Dishwasher/Service Assistant has a “Guests First” attitude, engaging in friendly conversation with guests & employees as you perform duties such as busing and cleaning guest tables (skill required: communication skills)
- Maintains the dish-room and ensures that all dishware, utensils, pots and pans are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. (skill required: attention to detail)
- Cleans and organizes back of the house, including coolers, freezers, and stock areas. (skill required: organizational skills)
A possible answer to this question is
- I have excellent communication skills and will always interact well with guests.
- I always pay attention to detail and will make sure dishware, pots and pans are clean and sanitized.
- I have strong organizational skills and will always maintain well stocked and organized freezers and coolers.
Why do you want to be a cook at Denny’s
- Say you will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast paced environment.
- Say you are a team player which will allow you to work well in the kitchen.
Tell us about your previous work experience?
- The job description does say at least 1 year of previous full-service professional line cook experience, so say right away if you have any cooking experience.
- Also, be sure to tell them about any teamwork experience you have.
Why should Denny’s hire you as their cook?
For this question, you want to have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own.
- Honors guest requests for special orders (skill required: attention to detail)
- Willingly assisting other team members without being asked (skill required: teamwork)
- Correctly calls the wheel. Cleans completes side work and organizes supplies as required. (skill required: organizational).
Why do you want to be a server at Denny’s?
- Say you are outgoing by nature and enjoy meeting new people, which will help when trying to make people feel at home.
- Say you work well in a team, which will help when working with staff in the kitchen.
- Say you would like a job that keeps you active.
Why should Denny’s hire you as their server?
You will want to revisit the job description, and search for key skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own. Here are sample skills I found when rereading the server job posting.
- Providing total guest satisfaction. (skill required: communication)
- Helping to keep our restaurants clean, completing side work, and organizing supplies as needed (skill required: attention to detail)
- Suggesting new menu items like our limited time offerings or flavored coffees (skill required: listening skills)
- Receiving payment for the cashier and making correct change.(skill required: math)
A possible answer to this question is
- I have excellent communication skills which will allow me to work well with the customer, and make sure they are feeling satisfied when leaving the restaurant.
- I have great attention to detail and will always work hard to keep the restaurant clean, and make sure supplies are well organized, and inventory is kept at appropriate levels.
- I have great listening skills which allow me to meet the customers expectations and promote new feature items.
- I am good at math, and will have no giving change to the customer.
Denny’s Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- If you have restaurant or customer services experience tell them. You should also mention any hobbies you have. You want to make sure you are a well-rounded individual.
What can you tell us about Denny’s?
- Denny’s is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Although Denny’s is known for their breakfasts they have lunch, dinner, and dessert menu. In addition, they have a $2, $4, $6, $8 dollar menu, a “fit fare menu”, kids menu and a 55+ menu for seniors.
- The first Denny’s was actually called Danny’s Donuts.
- Denny’s is famous for their Grand Slam breakfast. It was first introduced in Atlanta as a nod to HR slugger, Hank Aaron.
- The headquarters are in Spartanburg South Carolina.
- In 2014, Denny’s now has over 1,700 restaurants worldwide.