Why do you want to be a shift manager?
- I am looking for a challenging career. I feel I will excel in this role because I am a good motivator and communicator.
- I enjoy coaching and mentoring others.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question tries to determine if you are a good fit for McDonald’s. If you say something related to the restaurant industry (perhaps general manager) you will sound like a good fit for the job.
- Tip!!! Why not take a look at McDonald’s career website and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years. This will show you are committed and they will be willing to spend time training you.
Why should I hire you?
You need to reread the shift manager job description and find skills they are looking for and match those skills to your own. The skills I found include leadership, accountability, and attention to detail. So when asked why should I hire you state:
- I have great leadership skills and I am good at coaching and mentoring others.
- I am accountable and will take responsibility not only for myself but for others.
- I provide great attention to detail and will ensure all of McDonald’s standards are met. Continue reading