Congratulations on getting an interview at Chili’s. Chili’s Grill is a casual dining restaurant that serves Mexican food. Here you will find frequently asked Chili’s Interview Questions and Answers.
Interview Questions at Chili’s
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about Chili’s?
- Chilli’s offers a wide variety of food including appetizers, soups, chili, salads, sandwiches, craft burgers, lighter choices, fresh mex (tex mex), combos, ribs, steaks, chicken, seafood, desserts, and a kids menu.
- Chili’s offers their customers a $20 dollar dinner for two. This includes a shared appetizer and two full sized entries.
- Chilli’s customers can order online. They can pick up their food or get an order delivered if it is over $125.
- Chili’s parent company is Brinker International.
- Chili’s has a large presence in Canada.
- The first Chili’s was opened in Dallas Texas in 1975.
Why do you want to work for Chili’s?
- Tell them you enjoy the product and service you get a Chili’s and because of this, you are happy to represent them.
- If you are going to college state you think Chili’s is a great way to pay for school.
What would you do if you saw someone taking money from the till?
- I would report it to the manager. It is important the restaurant makes a profit. If the restaurant cannot make a profit, it cannot last.
How would you define excellent customer service at Chili’s?
- The customer is not waiting long to be seated and the food is delivered in a timely manner.
- Items are not sold out.
- The server is friendly and follows up with the customer to see how they are doing.
- The staff is knowledgeable about the product and can answer any questions the customer has.
- The restaurant is clean both inside and outside.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because other Chili’s employees will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because you will be able to handle Chili’s rush hour)
What is your greatest weakness?
- When I get caught up in my work (either school or a job) I don’t make enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Questions to ask on a Chili’s Interview?
- What hours will I work?
- What training will I receive?
- What type of advancement can Chili’s top employees receive?