Congratulations on getting a Chipotle Interview.
We all know interviews can be stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a little preparation, you can ace the Chipotle Job Interview!
Here, we will discuss how to successfully answer Chipotle Interview Questions.
Chipotle Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
- Remember you want to talk about your related work experience more than anything else. If you have related work experience you will be ahead of the competition.
2) What can you tell us about Chipotle?
- The first restaurant opened in 1993.
- They offer burritos, burrito bowls, crispy tacos, soft tacos, salads, chips, and kid’s meals.
- Chipotle offers catering for customers.
- McDonald’s was a major investor in Chipotle.
- Chipotle is a publically traded company.
- Chipotle is in United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, and France.
3) Why do you want to work for Chipotle Mexican Grill?
- State why Chipotle is better than the competition.
- Let the interviewer know that you have great communication skills which will allow you to work well with customers and other co-workers.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or…
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you’ll need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way that demonstrates that your weakness does not impact your ability to work at Chipotle. Say something like:
- I work too much and I sometimes don’t make enough time for my friends and family or…
- When I get caught up in my work, I don’t take enough personal time for myself to explore my hobbies and interests.
- this question. at biginterview.com wrote an excellent article on how to answer
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what upset the customer. If it was the product, I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) Remember to say that it is important to keep the customer happy, as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university, state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you say you see yourself in a career in restaurant management, you will sound like a good fit for the industry.
- Why not have a look at other Chipotle Jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years.
8) Why should Chipotle Mexican Grill hire you?
- If possible talk about related work experience you have obtained in past and present jobs.
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) What does food with integrity mean for you?
- Chipotle is all about getting the best food possible and caring about the environment. This means sourcing the very best ingredients, which includes vegetables grown in healthy soil and free range animals.
10) How would your friend or previous boss describe you?
Stating you have any of the characteristics below is a great way to answer this question.
- Chipotle is looking for people who are motivated, enthusiastic, respectful, curious, presentable, happy, honest, polite, smart, ambitious, high energy, hospitable, and conscientious.
11) How do you feel about rotating stations?
- You will more than likely rotate stations while working at Chipotle. This means you can be working as a cashier or preparing food. Say you have no problem rotating stations.
12) What would the lineup is too long?
- State if you are able to temporarily change stations to help out you would.
- If the problem continues to occur you would bring it up to your manager.
13) What hours can you work?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you have at landing a job at Chipotle.
14) Chipotle Interview Questions to ask?
Want to know the best part about this question?
It is almost guaranteed to be asked yet many will not be prepared for it. Here is some great question to ask!
- What do you like best about working at Chipotle?
- What type of advancement can top employees receive?
- What are traits of your top-performing employees?
Chipotle Interview Tips
- Arrive five minutes early.
- Make good eye contact during the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast, as you will sound nervous.
- Review other interview tips here.
Chipotle Interview Attire
- Dress formal or at the very least business casual.
- You want to look like someone who can serve food so if you have long hair wear it back, wear a minimal amount of jewelry, and guys if you have any facial hair, you may want to trim it.
Chipotle Second Interview Questions
- The second interview is more than likely to be with a higher up manager, so if possible find out his or her name, and find out if you have any common interests. Mention those common interests casually during the second interview as it will create rapport (find out any common interests you share using a social network but do not reveal that you searched for them online).