Congratulations on getting a CIBC Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the CIBC job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer CIBC Interview Questions.
CIBC Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. More than likely you will be working with customers at CIBC so be sure to mention any customer service experience you have.
2) What can you tell us about CIBC?
- CIBC has three major business. These businesses are retail and business banking, wealth management, and wholesale banking.
- CIBC has 1,108 branches across Canada and nearly 4000 bank machines.
- CIBC has 11 million clients.
- CIBC was ranked the third strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Magazine in 2012.
- CIBC supports many communities across the country including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, CIBC Run for the Cure, the CIBC Children’s Foundation, CIBC YouthVision and the United Way.
3) Why do you want to work for CIBC?
- As one of Canada’s largest employers say you think there is a lot of potential at CIBC to learn and grow your career.
- Say you would be proud to work for a bank that has been named for one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
- Say you would like to feel engaged in your work you were excited to see that CIBC was named one of the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in North America.
- If you are a CIBC customer state you enjoy the product and service you get at CIBC.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because CIBC will have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
For this question, you want to make sure your answer will not impact your ability to work at CIBC. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If the customer was upset because they waited in line too long I would apologize for the delay. Say you believe it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
Your list of CIBC Interview Questions would not complete without an answer for this. This question is designed to see if you have goals but more importantly if you are a right fit for CIBC.
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Have a look at other banking careers and find a job you could see yourself doing in five years.
8) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) Questions to ask on a CIBC Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take-home material I can read?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- If I were to start tomorrow what would be my top priority?
- What do you like best about working at CIBC?