Congratulations on getting a Cineplex Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Cineplex Oden job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Cineplex Interview Questions.
Cineplex Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. Try to relate any previous work experience to the job you are applying for.
2) What can you tell us about Cineplex?
- The headquarters are in Toronto Canada.
- Cineplex welcomes 75 million guests annually through its circuit of 164 theatres across the country.
- In addition to motion picture theaters, they offer food services, gaming, and CineplexStore.com (enables users to buy or download movies).
- The company is also a joint venture partner in SCENE Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
3) Why do you want to work for Cineplex?
- State you love the product and service you get and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you).
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because they will be extremely busy before movies and you need to stay focused during this time).
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at the theater. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6) Why do you think we call moviegoers guests and not customers?
- Cineplex uses the term guest because they want the moviegoers to feel they have received outstanding customer service.
- Calling a moviegoer a customer communicates that they are not much more than a wallet.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the movie I would check with my manager on how we can keep the customer happy.
- If they were complaining about someone talking in the theater I would politely ask the other guest to quiet down.
- Mention you feel it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
8) Where do you see yourself in five years?
No Cineplex Interview Questions list would be complete without this question. This question is to see if you have goals but, more importantly, to see if you are a right fit for the company.
- If you are going to university try and relate why working there would help you in your field of study. For example, if you are going to school for business administration state you could learn a lot about business.
- Tip! Have a look at their job website and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
9) Why should I hire you?
The best way to answer this question is to have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and then state you have those skills. The Cineplex Cast Member job description states they are looking for someone who has superior communication skills, enjoys working in a fast paced environment, team oriented and is energetic. So when asked why I should hire you state:
- I have excellent communication skills which will allow me to make the guest feel right at home.
- I work well under pressure as I am energetic.
- I am team oriented.
10) Questions to ask on a Cineplex Interview
- What kind I training will I receive?
- What hours will I work?