Congratulations on getting a Costa Coffee Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful, and competition is fierce.
However, with a small bit of preparation, you can ace the Costa Coffee Interview.
Below you will find how to successfully answer frequently asked Costa Coffee Job Interview Questions, interview advice, and tips.
Costa Coffee Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Costa Coffee?
- Costa Coffee offers coffee, mocha & Hot Chocolate, Specialty Drinks, Tea, Costa Ice, and food.
- Costa Coffee has a rewards app called The Coffee Club App.
- Customers can make Costa Coffee at Home with Tassimo.
- Costa Express allows customers to visit one of the 3400 Costa Express bars and get a coffee by using touch screen machine.
- They are a subsidiary of Whitebread.
- Costa Coffee was founded in London by Sergio and Bruno Costa in 1971.
Why do you want to work for Costa Coffee?
- State why it is better than the competition. For example, tell them why you think it is better than Starbucks.
- Show enthusiasm when answering this question and tell them you love the products and service you get when going there.
- Say you feel you could learn a lot about the hospitality industry as Costa Coffee is the second largest coffee chain in the world and the largest in Britain.
- State you like the fact that all their beans are 100% rainforest certified.
- Say you would be proud to work for a company that has the Costa Foundation (40 schools in some of the world’s poorest areas to teach health, literacy, and income management)
Tell us about your previous work history?
- What they really want to hear is how your previous work experience matches the experience required to work at Costa Coffee. If you have experience working with customers, handling a cash, or working in a restaurant say that first.
Remember work experience is great, but related work experience is better.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at other jobs at Costa and see if you would like to work your way up the ladder. If you are willing to stay here you will sound like you are willing to stay there for the long haul.
- If going to college state what you would like to be doing when you finish.
What are your salary expectations?
- If this is an entry level position your wage is more than likely to be minimum.
- You can always flip the questions and ask for the salary range.
Questions to ask on a Costa Coffee Interview?
- What is it you like best about coming to work each day?
- What are attributes of top performing Costa Coffee Employees?
- Shweta Khare of Careerbright has great advice on what questions to ask and not to ask in an interview.
Costa Coffee Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Dress formal and look like someone who can serve food.
- Make eye contact.
Costa Coffee Interview Dress Code
- If you are on a Costa Coffee Barista Interview then dress business casually.
- If you are on a Costa Coffee Manager Interview then dress formally.