Congratulations on getting a Costco Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Costco job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Costco Interview Questions.
Costco Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Costco?
- Costco is one of the largest retailers in the world.
- Costco also offers insurance, Costco Travel (travel agency), and a photo center.
- They started in Kirkland Washington in 1983.
- In 1993, they merged with Price Club.
- They have an online site for shopping with product reviews for its customers
- They operate in 9 provinces with over 80 locations across Canada.
- They also exist in the UK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Australia, and Mexico.
- Their signature brand is known as Kirkland.
- They have three types of memberships: Executive, Business (for businesses), and Gold Star (personal use). Executive Members earn a 2% yearly reward on most purchases.
- They treat their employees better than its competitors with a fair wage rather than a minimum wage and because of this, they retain their employees longer.
2) Why do you want to work for Costco?
Here’s the deal!
You really need to “wow” the interviewer with your response. Here are some great answers:
- Mention you want to grow your career in retail and with Costco being one of the largest retailers in the world say you feel you could really learn a lot at Costco.
- Say you read that Costco has the most highly motivated and satisfied employees in the U.S. and was named Americas Best Employer in 2017 by Forbes.
- Say you enjoy the products and the customer service you get and because of this, you would be happy to work for them.
3) What hours can you work?
- Be as flexible as you can for this question. This question really depends on the department you are applying for.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at other Costco Jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing in five years (this way you will sound committed and not sound like a job hopper).
5) What previous work experience do you have?
- Be sure to discuss any customer service experience you have.
- State any retail experience you have.
- If this is your first job, say that you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- State you would find out what is wrong with the customer.
- If they could not find an item, I would personally find the item for them and not simply point where the item is located.
- If they were upset because they were waiting in line too long I would tell them we are sorry for the delay.
- If they were upset with the product I would explain the Return Policy at Costco.
7) What is your greatest weakness?
No Costco Wholesale Interview Questions list would be complete without answering this. You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. State something like:
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
8) Questions to ask at a Costco interview?
All Costco Wholesale Interview Questions will end this way so be ready to answer this.
- What type of training will I receive?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
- What do you like best about working here?
- If I were to start tomorrow what would be my top priority?
Costco Interview Dress Code
- If you are on a Costco Cashier Assistant Interview or a stocker (basically a non-management position) dress business casual. If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
Costco Interview Tips
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Arrive 10 minutes early
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Learn as much as you can about the company.