Congratulations on getting an interview at the Cracker Barrel.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is fierce.
However, with a small bit of preparation, you can ace the Cracker Barrel Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer frequently asked Cracker Barrel Interview Questions.
Cracker Barrel Interview Questions
What can you tell us about Cracker Barrel?
- Cracker Barrel is a restaurant and gift shop.
- The first Cracker Barrel was opened in 1969 in Lebanon Tennessee.
- Cracker Barrel was founded by Dan Evins. At the time the interstate was growing, and Evins saw the need to build a consistent, quality place for travelers to stop and eat.
- Cracker Barrel has 645 stores in 44 states.
- 217 million guests served every year.
- 57 million pancakes served every year.
- 200 million biscuits served every year.
Why do you want to work at Cracker Barrel?
- Tell them you enjoy the product and tell them about the great experience you have had at the restaurant.
- Tell them your favorite item on the menu.
- If you are going to college let the interviewer know. Tell them you think Cracker Barrel will be a great way to pay for school.
What hours can you work?
- Most Cracker Barrels are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. so if possible mention you are free to work those hours. The more flexible you can be the better your chances are at getting the job.
What type of restaurant experience do you have?
- If you have any restaurant experience mention it. If you don’t have restaurant experience not to worry. Cracker Barrel hires many first-time restaurant employees.
What is your greatest strength?
- For this question, you need to re-read the job description and find skills they are looking for and restate those skills. For example, if they want someone who works well with others, state you have great communication skills.
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to do your job. State something like:
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I work too many hours and I neglect my friends and family.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don’t have a five-year goal, why not have a look at other Cracker Barrel Jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing.
Does Cracker Barrel Drug Test for Employment
- There is no evidence on the Cracker Barrel website that they drug test.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like most about working here?
- What are some characteristics of your top performing employees?
Cracker Barrel Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Turn off your smartphone.
Cracker Barrel Interview Attire
- If you are on a non-management interview such as a dishwasher, or cashier then dress business casually.
- If you are on a management interview then dress formally.