Congratulations on getting a Crate and Barrel Interview!
I think that you will agree with me when I say:
Interviews are stressful!
In fact, they will probably interview 4 to 6 people for 1 position so you need to be ready!
Well, it turns out, you can dramatically increase your odds at getting the job with a small bit of preparation.
Here we will discuss how to correctly answer frequently asked Crate and Barrel Interview Questions.
Crate and Barrel Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. They will want to hear about your work experience more than anything else and be sure to highlight any customer service experience you have.
What can you tell us about Crate and Barrel?
- Crate and Barrel started in 1962 by Gordon and Carole Segal.
- CrateandBarrel.com was launched in 1999.
- In 2008 the first Canadian Store was opened in Toronto.
- Crate and Barrel offer their customers a wedding registry.
- Crate and Barrel has two sister stores. CB2 is a home furnishings division geared towards young adults. The Land of the Nod sells home furnishing and gifts for children.
- Crate and Barrel is a privately held company owned by the Otto Group of Hamburg, Germany.
Why do you want to work for Crate and Barrel?
- Mention you love the product and the service you get at Crate and Barrel and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
- Say you feel you have good communication skills which will help you work well in a team and interact well with customers.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
- When you answer this question you want to make sure your answer does not impact your ability to work at Crate and Barrel. Try something like I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family, or when I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was because she/he did not get any help I would make sure the customer found what they were looking for.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like best about working for Crate and Barrel?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?