Congratulations on getting a Dairy Queen Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Dairy Queen Job Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer Dairy Queen Interview Questions.
Dairy Queen Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Dairy Queen?
- The restaurant was founded in 1940.
- The first restaurant was opened in Joliet Illinois.
- They own Orange Julius.
- There are almost 6000 restaurant locations around the world.
- The headquarters are in Edina Minnesota.
- The restaurant is a subsidiary of Berkshire-Hathaway.
2) Why do you want to work at Dairy Queen?
- If you are going to university tell them that you think working there will be a great way to pay for school.
- Tell them you enjoy the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Mention you would be proud to work for a company that supports Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (a charity that gives money to children’s hospitals in Canada and the USA).
3) Tell us about your previous work history?
Here’s the deal!
Some of you may be asking if you need experience to work at Dairy Queen?
- The answer is no. However, if you don’t have any experience tell the interviewer about any volunteer work you have done. You can also state you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
- If you do have experience make sure to focus on related work experience.
4) What do you like about Dairy Queen?
- Be knowledgeable about the products. There is more than just the Blizzard. Dairy Queen offers burgers, chicken sandwiches, and hot dogs.
5) What hours can you work?
- Be as flexible as possible on this question. Find out the hours of the Dairy Queen you are being interviewed at and tell them you can work those hours if possible.
6) How would you deal with a difficult customer?
- I would ask why the customer is unhappy and if it was the product I would replace it. Tell them you believe it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- If you are going to university tell them and state what you plan on doing when you graduate.
- If you are interested in the restaurant business tell them you want to get into a management position in the foodservice industry.
8) What is your greatest weakness?
No Dairy Queen Interview Questions list will be complete without this question. You will want to answer this in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. State something like:
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I work too much and I don’t spend enough time with my friends and family.
9) What is your greatest strength?
- I work well under pressure. This is a great answer as you will be ready for their rush hour.
10) Why should I hire you?
- I work well as a team or an individual.
- I have great people skills which will allow me to work well with the customer.
- I am a quick learner.
11) Questions to ask on a Dairy Queen interview?
- What do you like best about working at Dairy Queen?
- What are attributes of your best employees at Dairy Queen?
Dairy Queen Interview Attire
- If you are interviewing for an entry-level position such as a crew member or a cashier then dress business casually.
- If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
Dairy Queen Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or too slow as you will sound boring.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- If the interviewer says to ask questions anytime take the hint and ask questions.