Congratulations on getting a DAVIDsTEA Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the DAVIDsTEA job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer DAVIDsTEA Interview Questions.
DAVIDsTEA Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. If possible, focus on any previous work experience that relates to the position you are applying for at DAVIDsTEA.
2) What can you tell us about DavidsTea?
- DavidsTea was started by David Segal and Herschel Segal in 2008.
- The first store was opened on Queen Street in Toronto.
- Today you can select 150 different types of tea including exclusive blends, limited edition seasonal collections, traditional straight teas, and exotic infusions from around the globe.
- DavidsTea also has a large selection of organic teas and infusions.
3) Why do you want to work for DavidsTea?
- Tell them you love the product and you love the service you get at DavidsTea and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you).
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because DavidsTea will get extremely busy and you need to stay focused during this time).
5) What is your greatest weakness?
Possible answers are:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time for myself.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first). It is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you would like to stay at DavidsTea they have assistant store managers and store managers so perhaps you would be interested in those? There are also corporate positions on the DavidsTea website. Maybe a corporate position would interest you?
8) Why should we hire you?
To answer this question successfully, we need to revisit the job description and find key skills and attributes they are looking for. Once you have found these skills and attributes reassure the interviewer that you have these abilities. For example, suppose we were applying for the position of tea guide. The tea guide job description states:
- 1-3 years of retail sales and/or customer service experience.
- A friendly and upbeat personality.
- A self-starter that consistently delivering an outstanding, personalized retail experience.
- Willingness to learn everything about tea.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office.
To answer this question successfully I would state something like:
- I have experience in sales and/or customer service.
- I am a quick learner that will allow me to learn the products at David’s Tea.
- I am proficient with computers and will not have any issues using Microsoft Office.
9) Questions to ask on a DAVIDsTEA Interview?
- If offered the position is there any take home material I can read?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What makes someone successful at DAVIDsTEA?
DAVIDsTEA Second Interview
- If you get called for another DAVIDsTEA Interview be sure to review these Do’s and Don’ts. I really want to emphasize reviewing your performance on your last interview. What questions did you answer poorly and how can you improve on these questions?