Congratulations on getting a Delivery Driver Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the delivery driver interview.
Here we will discuss how successfully answer delivery driver interview questions.
Delivery Driver Interview Questions
1) Tell me about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
This question is probably your best chance to sell yourself!
- Tell the interviewer about your past and present related work experience. Having related work experience will put you ahead of the competition.
- Remember it is OK to talk about your hobbies and interests but keep it brief.
2) Are you working for an online meal ordering delivery service?
Today, many restaurants participate in online meal ordering and delivery services.
The advantages are you can work on your own schedule, be your own boss, and earn good money!
If you are driving for an online meal ordering service tell the interviewer the truth but let them know you will not have any issues managing your own priorities.
3) Why do you want to be a delivery driver?
- Say you would like to work in a fast-paced environment and would enjoy working with people and a job as a delivery driver will allow you to do both.
4) Why should we hire you as their delivery driver?
To answer this question correctly you must have a second read of the job description and list out the skills required to do the job!
Then reassure the hiring manager that you have those skills for required for the position.
Below is a job description for a pizza delivery driver
- Can communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person. (skill required: communication)
- Can add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly. (skill required: math skills)
- Can enter orders using a computer keyboard or touchscreen. (skill required: quick learner)
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork. (skill required: looking for attention to detail)
Possible answers to this question are
- I have great communication skills which will allow me to work well with customers and co-workers.
- I am good at math and will not have any issue making any change.
- I am a quick learner and will not have any issue learning the computer system to take orders.
- I pay great attention to detail and will always make sure the customer gets their order correctly the first time.
5) Do you have your own car?
- Not all delivery jobs require you own a car, but if you don’t, tell the interview you have access to one through a family member.
6) What is your greatest strength?
- Delivery drivers get very busy at times so saying you work well under pressure is a great answer.
7) How would you deal with heavy traffic?
- Pull over and call the customer that the delivery will be late.
8) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would apologize for any inconvenience and see if there was any way to help the customer fix the issue.
- State you would not let that person bring you down and not affect future deliveries.
9) How is your driving record?
- Be honest and tell the truth as they will more than likely do a background check.
10) If the item you delivered cost 29.56 and the customer gave you 50 how much change would you give?
To make change, all you have to do is take the price of the product and count up to the amount the customer gave you.
- The answer is $20.41.
11) Do you have a GPS?
- Say yes if you do but also tell them you have an excellent sense of direction and you don’t have any issue finding the location.
12) What hours can you work?
- Have a look at the hours of operation and try and be as flexible as possible. The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you have to land the job.
13) How long have you been driving?
- The longer the better.
14) Is your insurance up to date?
- Obviously, you will need insurance. It is worthwhile to check but if you can’t remember tell the interviewer that your insurance is automatically renewed (if that’s the case)
15) Questions to ask on a Delivery Driver Interview?
Want to know the best part?
This question is almost guaranteed to be asked and hardly anyone will be prepared for it!
Here are some great questions
- What are successful traits of your best delivery drivers?
- Who would I be reporting to?
- What hours will I work?
- What do you like most about working here?
- What type of training would I receive?
Delivery Driver Interview What to Wear
- If you are wondering what to wear then dress business casual.