Dickey’s Barbecue Pit began in 1941. Today, there are over 500 locations. Here you will find frequently asked Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Interview Questions
Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Job Interview
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. If possible talk about any previous work experience you have related to the position you are applying to.
What can you tell us about Dickey’s Barbecue Pit?
- The first restaurant was first opened in 1941 in Dallas Texas by Travis Dickey.
- They serve beef brisket, pulled pork, ham, polish sausage, turkey breast, and chicken.
- Buttery rolls are served with every meal along with complimentary ice cream and dill pickles.
- Every location smokes all of their meats in the restaurant.
Why do you want to work for Dickey’s Barbeque Pit?
- State you love the service and you love the product you get and because of this, you would be proud to work for them (be familiar with the product if you use this answer).
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
Make sure your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. State something like:
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough time off for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you would like to stay in the restaurant industry say you would like a career as a restaurant manager.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
Do you have any questions for us?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
- The Interview Checklist
- Interview Tips
- General Interview Questions
- Dickey’s BBQ Pit Employee Reviews