Congratulations on getting a Five Below Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Five Below Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Five Below Interview Questions.
Five Below Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
To answer this question correctly you must show the interviewer you have related work experience.
Review the job description to find exactly what related experience they are looking for.
For example, suppose you are on a sales associate interview which requires experience working with customers, cashier experience, and managing inventory. If you have experience in any of the above mention that first.
If you don’t have any experience say you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
Note this is not the time to retell your life story.
2) Why do you want to work at Five Below?
- State you feel Five Below offers exceptional value for their customers and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
- Today, many retail stores are struggling however, Five Below is growing. Say you are very interested in retail and Five Below sounds like a great place to learn and grow your career.
3) What can you tell us about Five Below?
What is one of the biggest mistakes you can make on a Five Below Interview?
Answer: It’s not knowing enough about the company!!!
About Five Below:
- Five Below is a discount store that sells products that cost up to five dollars.
- Products include items such as cell phone cases and chargers, remote control cars, yoga pants, graphic tees, nail polish, footballs and soccer balls, tons of candy and seasonal must-haves for Easter, Halloween, and Christmas.
- Five Below is aimed at teens and pre-teens.
- Five Below was founded by David Schlessinger and Zany Brainy in October 2002.
- The first store was opened in Wayne, Pennsylvania.
- The head office is in Philadelphia Pennsylvania.
- Five Below is one of the fastest growing retailers in the U.S. with more than 575 stores in 32 states.
- Five Below products are broken into one of 8 categories: Style, Room, Sports, Tech, Crafts, Party, Candy and Now.
4) Why should we hire you?
To answer this question successfully, you will want to have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and reassure you have those skills.
For example, suppose you are on a Five Below Sales Associate Interview.
The job description states
- Key traits include having amazing people and selling skills, a keen eye for ensuring merchandise is on the floor in an organized fashion, keeping the floor stocked-up flawlessly and providing super smooth transactions at the register (skills required: people skills, sales, organization skills, works well under pressure).
- Adheres to all standard operating procedures and policies (skill: attention to detail).
- Responsible for cash handling procedures (skill: attention to detail).
- Assists in merchandising procedures (skill: team player).
- Delivers exceptional customer service through personal contact with customers (skill required: communication).
- Interacts with and assists customers (skill: communication).
- Assists in receiving and stocking procedures (skill required: organizational and teamwork).
So when asked why should I hire you I would state
- I am a good communicator which will allow me to work well with other team members and help sell to customers.
- I pay great attention to detail which will benefit me when ensuring merchandise is organized, and inventory is managed appropriately.
- I work well under pressure which will help during any peak season times.
5) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If a customer was upset with the product I would see if I could offer store credit (Tip! Be familiar with the return policy of Five Below)
- If the customer was upset because of long wait periods at the cash register state you would apologize.
6) What hours can you work?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you have to land the job.
- Often retail companies require late night shifts to organize inventory.
7) How would you define excellent customer service?
- The customers are greeted in a friendly manner.
- There is always staff available to answer any questions or help find any products for the customer.
- The cashier moves at a quick pace and the customer is not waiting too long in line.
- The store is clean which also includes the bathrooms and the parking lot.
8) What are the Five Below Values?
- Wow the Customer.
- Unleash Passion.
- Hold the Penney hostage (treat the business as if it was your own and save money).
- Achieve the Impossible.
- Work Hard, Have Fun, Build a Career.
9) Do you have any questions for us?
Want to know the best part?
This question is almost guaranteed to be asked yet hardly anyone will be prepared to answer it.
Here are some great questions to ask on a Five Below Interview
- What do you like best about working at Five Below?
- What type of advancement do top employees receive?
- What are characteristics of great performers in this role?
- If I were to start tomorrow what would my first priority?
What to wear at a Five Below Interview
- If you look at the Five Below dress code you will notice the staff dresses pretty casual. Therefore it is recommended to dress business casual if you are on a Five Below Sales Associate Interview.
- If you are in a management position then dress formally.
Does Five Below Drug Test
- There is no evidence on their website that Five Below Drug Tests their employees.
Does Five Below Pay Weekly or Biweekly?
- Five Below pays biweekly.