Congratulations on getting a Greggs Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Greggs Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Greggs Interview Questions.
Greggs Interview Questions
1. Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
This is generally an icebreaker question but it is actually one of your best chances to sell yourself.
Tell the interviewer how your past and present work experience will benefit Greggs if they hire you.
Remember this is not the time to tell your life story.
If you don’t have any work experience, talk about any volunteer work you have done.
If you don’t have any experience and are a student say you have been focusing on school and are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
2. What can you tell us about Greggs?
What is the biggest mistake you can make in an interview?
Not knowing enough about the company!
- Greggs is the largest pastry chain in the United Kingdom.
- Products include pastries, sausage rolls, sandwiches, doughnuts, and vanilla slices.
- They serve breakfast until 11 a.m.
- There are over 1,800 Greggs in the UK.
- They are listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Greggs was first opened in 1951.
- John Greggs is the companies founder opened the first bakery in 1939.
- Greggs Moments are coffee shops that seat over 100 people. Recently, the Greggs said it would discontinue its attempt to enter the coffee market.
- Greggs best selling item is the sausage roll.
- Below you will find how Gregg’s has transformed itself into a food-on-the-go business and away from being just a bakery.
3. Why do you want to work for Greggs?
- Say you would be proud to work for a company that strives to fight obesity. In 2014, Greggs launched their balanced choice range which offers a choice of wraps, sandwiches, salads, soups, porridge, fruit, yoghurt and drinks, which are all less than 400 calories.
- State you would also be proud to work for a company that gives so much back to the community through the Greggs Foundation. In 2016, the Greggs Foundation distributed over £2.8 million to community and charity organisations across the UK.
- Finally mention you would be proud to work for a company that donates as much unsold food to charity as possible, including soup kitchens, food banks, and shelters for the homeless and vulnerable.
4. What hours can you work?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you will get hired.
5. What is your favourite Greggs Product?
- Products include Sausage Rolls and doughnuts but also include healthier balanced choice items such as yoghurts and salads.
6. Why should I hire you?
To answer this question successfully you must reread the job description and reassure the interviewer you have the key skills and experience required to work at Greggs.
Suppose you are on a Greggs Team Member Interview. The job description states
Greggs Team Members are the face and voice of our organisation, engaging with our customers and offering a fantastic shopping experience no matter what time of day.
Join our family and you’ll be part of a team that loves to put the customer first in all that we do.
This means a passion for delivering fast and friendly service, pride in preparing our much-loved products and keeping the shop clean and tidy; of course they’ll be time for some fun along the way.
You’ll fit right into the Greggs family if you’re not afraid of hard work and commitment. Some customer service experience always comes in handy although not essential.
To be able to:
- Deliver a fast and friendly service to every customer consistently
- Work as part of a team focused on delivering a fast and friendly customer experience
- Achieve consistently high standards to meet customers’ expectations
- Deliver relevant added-value to customers to increase sales
- Support profit protection through effective cost control
So when asked this question state
- I work well under pressure which will allow me to offer fast and friendly service.
- I have excellent teamwork skills which will allow me to work well with fellow colleagues.
- I pay great attention to detail which will allow me to make sure customers’ expectations are met.
7. How often have you called in sick in your last job?
- It is ok to call in sick from time to time, however, more than six days a year without a serious medical issue is a problem. Try and answer honestly but mention you always call in advance and try and find someone to take your shift.
8. How would you increase profits at Greggs?
- Ensure proper food rotation.
- Make sure the restaurant is clean.
- Make sure is inventory is well stocked and on display.
- Listen to the customer.
- Learn from past mistakes.
Questions to ask in a Greggs Interview?
At the end of the interview, it’s almost guaranteed the interviewer will ask if you have any questions for us. The reality is hardly anyone will be prepared to answer this question. Here are some great responses.
- What do you like best about working at Greggs?
- What kind of advancement can your top employees receive?
Greggs Interview Tips
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Be sure to make good eye contact throughout the interview.