So you got the call for a Guess Interview.
However, everyone knows the real challenge on how to get hired at Guess is acing the interview.
The good news is with the right interview preparation you can get hired at Guess.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Guess Interview Questions.
Tell us about your previous work experience?
Here’s the deal
The interviewer wants to find applicants who have related work experience!
Applicants who have related work experience have the best chance of getting hired at Guess.
For example, if you are on a Guess customer service associate interview then mention any fashion, cashier, or customer service experience you have.
Discussing unrelated work experience is better than nothing but related work experience is key.
If you don’t have any experience don’t panic. Talk about any volunteer work you have done or say you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
What can you tell us about Guess?
- GUESS was established in 1981 by the Marciano brothers.
- Bloomingdale’s was the first establishment to sell Guess Jeans and the first initial order was sold out in just a few hours.
- Today, Guess sells clothing for both men and women, watches, jewelry, perfumes, and shoes.
- Guess is offered in over 80 countries around the world.
- Guess is known for their iconic black and white ads.
Why do you want for Guess?
Here are three great responses as to why you want to work for Guess.
- Say you love fashion and you love working with people and a career at Guess will allow you to do both.
- Mention you would be proud to work for a company that supports the Guess Foundation. The Guess foundation supports a wide range of courses who’s message is to promote social change. Examples include Delete Blood Cancer, Children’s Hospital, Ronald McDonald House New York, and many more.
- Talk about their competitors and why Guess is better. For example, explain why Guess better than the GAP?
What are your strengths?
Have a second read of the job description and highlight key skills they are looking for and reassure the interviewer you have those skills.
For example, if you are on a Guess stocker interview then they will be looking for someone who pays great attention to detail and has great organizational skills.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- First, state you would listen to the customer and find out why he or she is upset.
- Second, you would apologize and sympathize with the customer as an unhappy customer will never return.
- Next, you would see if you could resolve the issue and if you cannot say you would ask your manager what the appropriate action would be.
- Finally, state you would not let an upset customer effect your day and would make sure you continued friendly service throughout the day.
How would you define excellent customer service?
- Customer service is friendly and knowledgeable about the products.
- The customer is never waiting too long in line to pay for their goods.
- Inventory is well presented and supplied.
Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker or manager?
- It’s ok to have conflicts at work but what is important is how you resolved it.
- For example, suppose you were responsible for presenting a new line of clothing in the store and your manager wanted it presented it differently. Say you disagreed with the layout but made a compromise and presented it both ways for a period of time. You were successfully able to resolve the conflict by determining which layout had more sales. – Note in this example the conflict is identified and resolved.
What would your previous manager say about you?
- If you have kept old performance reviews from previous companies paraphrase positive reviews from previous managers.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don’t have a five-year goal then consider a job in retail management or have a look at other Guess jobs and find a position you can see yourself doing long term. Try and relate your five-year goal to retail so you sound like a good fit for Guess.
What is your availability like?
- Try and be as flexible as possible when answering this question. Take a look at Guess Store hours and keep in mind you may work hours when the store is closed for stocking reasons.
Who are your favorite fashion designers?
Guess is a high-end fashion company known for its jeans so you will want to look other designer jeans makers. Here are a few suggestions
- 7 for All Man Kind (designers: Michael Glasser, and Jerome Dahan).
- True Religion (designers: Jeff Lubell and Kym Gold)
- G-Star (designer: Jos van Tilburg)
Several other fashion designers include
- Michael Kors
- Ralph Lauren
- Tommy Hilfiger
Guess Interview Attire
- You will want to dress one step above the interviewer. If you go to one of their stores you can see the Guess employee dress code which is business casual so if you are interviewing for an entry-level position such as stock or sales associate then dress business casually.
- If you are interviewing for a management position then you will want to consider dressing more formally.
Guess Second Interview
- If you got a second interview at Guess it will be with someone higher up in management level then your previous interview. Remember to study the questions above and you will do fine.
Guess Group Interview
Frequently asked questions can be found above but remember these points
- Remember to speak up during group interviews.
- Don’t interrupt others.
Guess Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Don’t speak too slow as you will sound boring.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Learn as much as you can about the product.
- Only mention positive facts about Guess Jeans.