Congratulations on getting a Hilton Hotels Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Hilton Hotels job interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Hilton Hotels Interview Questions.
Hilton Hotels Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. Try to focus on your related work experience.
What can you tell us about Hilton Hotels?
- The company was founded by Conrad Hilton in 1919.
- In 1947, The Roosevelt Hilton in New York becomes the first hotel in the world to install televisions in guest rooms.
- In 1959, Hilton develops the first airport hotel and pioneers the airport hotel concept.
- Their loyalty program is called Hilton HHonors.
- In 2008 Hilton Vancouver Washington makes history as the first hotel to be both Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and Green Seal Certified.
- The head office is in McLean Virginia.
- The mission statement is to be the preeminent global hospitality company – the first choice of guests, team members, and owners alike.
- The vision is to fill the earth light and warmth of hospitality.
Why do you want to work for Hilton Hotels?
Here’s the deal!
You really need to “wow” the interviewer with your response. Here are some great responses:
- Say you would like to grow your career in the hospitality industry and you feel Hilton is the place to do it! With awards ranging from top diversity employer to making the list of Fortunes World’s Most Admired Companies in 2017, say you feel you could learn a lot by working at Hilton.
- State you would be proud to work for a company that sponsors so many charities through The Hilton HHonors Giving Back program.
- Say would like to work for a company that is so committed to the environment. Mention you read that Hilton has reduced energy use by 17 percent, carbon output by 22.9 percent, waste output by 29.1 percent and water use by 16.7 percent since 2009.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
What is your greatest weakness?
No Hilton Hotels Interview Questions list would be complete without discussing your greatest weakness. You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Hilton. State something like
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If the customer was upset with the room I would see if I could find a new one.
- Say you feel it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- This question is designed to see if you are a good fit for the hotel industry. If you say you would like to get into hotel management it sounds like you are a good fit for Hilton.
- Why not find have a job on Hilton’s website you could see yourself doing in five years. This would make you sound like a good fit for the hotel.
Why should I hire you?
- For this question, you need to have a second look at the job description and look for key skills they are looking for and restate those skills.
How do you define great customer service?
- The reservation is kept, the room is clean, and the customer is greeted in a friendly manner.
Questions to ask on a Hilton Hotels Interview?
- What type of advancement can your top employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?