Congratulations on getting an H&M Interview.
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. If you have any fashion or customer service experience now is the time to bring it up.
What can you tell us about H&M?
- H&M has around 2800 stores in 48 markets.
- Some of the brands at H&M include H&M, COS, weekday, Cheap Monday.
- H&M is the number 1 user of organic cotton worldwide.
- H&M donated 12.5 million funding for All for Children projects. All for Children is a UNICEF and H&M project to help the lives of Children in cotton producing areas.
Why do you want to work for H&M?
- State you would love to work in fashion and work with people and you think working at H&M will allow you to do just that.
- Say you would like to work in a fast paced environment.
- Say you feel H&M offers great value to their customers and because of this, you would be proud to work for them.
- Tell them who wouldn’t want to work for one of the best 25 Global Companies to work for as ranked by Fortune Magazine.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because H&M will spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because H&M can get extremely busy and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at H&M. Say something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
- Tip!!! Have a look at H&Ms return policy as it may come in handy for this question.
- If the customer was upset if they could not find a particular product I would find it for them and not just point them in a general direction.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Careers that align with H&M business objectives include retail management or fashion design.
- What not look at other careers at H&M and find a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
How would you define great customer service?
- Customers are able to find a product they want.
- Lineups at the cash register move quickly.
- The customer is treated in a friendly manner.
Questions to ask on an H&M Interview?
- What are some characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What hours are you looking to fill for this position?
- What training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working at H&M?