What can you tell us about Home Depot?
- The company was founded in 1978.
- The first Home Depot was opened in Atlanta Georgia
- They have over 2200 retail stores around the world.
- There are over 180 Stores in Canada.
- Home Depot is the fifth largest retailer in the world.
Why do you want to work at Home Depot?
- Mention you would be proud to work for a company that donates (according to their website) $270 million to non profit organizations through the Home Depot Foundation.
- Mention that Home Depot being a Fortune 500 hundred company can help you learn a lot about the retail business.
- Mention how you would like to be working for an environmentally friendly company as Home Depot plans to cut energy use by 5% by 2015
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Take a look at the career page on Home Depots website. Find a career you can see yourself advancing to and mention that.
What should I hire you?
- I can work in a fast paced environment.
- I can work on my feet for 8 hours a day.
- I am a quick learner and can learn our products quickly to help customers.
What experience do you have?
- Tell them about any customer cashier experience you have.
- Tell them about any handyman experience mention or DIY projects you have worked on.
What is Home Depots mission statement?
- The most recent motto is “More saving. More doing”.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was unhappy because of a product I would see if they could exchange it. Note become familiar with Home Depots Return Policy as it may help in answering this question.
- If a customer was upset because they could not find a particular item I would locate it for them and not just point them in a general direction.