InterContinental Hotels is a large chain of hotels with headquarters located in Buckinghamshire, England. Below you will find frequently asked InterContinental Hotels Interview Questions and Answers.
InterContinental Hotels Job Interview
What can you tell us about Intercontinental Hotels?
- The parent company is Intercontinental Hotels Group which also owns notable hotels such as Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and Staybridge Suites.
- The hotel began in 1946 in Brazil for Pan American World Airways for its crew and passengers.
- There are five-star hotels and resorts in 60 countries.
- The hotels and resorts have been named Mexico & Central America’s Leading Hotel brand by The World Travel Awards in 2014.
- InterContinental Ambassador is a loyalty program that delivers exclusively at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
What qualities do you have that will help you succeed in the hotel industry?
- I work well under pressure
- I am outgoing and a good communicator which will make the guests feel welcomed.
- I pay great attention to detail.
- I am technical, a quick learner, and I feel confident I can learn any computer system.
- I am a team player and will work well with other co-workers.
How would you handle an upset customer?
- First I would find out why the customer is unhappy and see what I could do about the problem. If I could not solve the problem and it was a reasonable request I would redirect the request to someone who could.
What are your salary expectations?
- I recommend flipping the question and asking what is the range?
How would you define great hospitality?
- The rooms are in immaculate condition
- The guest is greeted in a friendly manner.
- Special requests are performed within reason.
Why do you want to work us?
- Now is your chance to flatter them. Read positive reviews on yelp and mention the positive reviews to the interviewer, and because of those reviews, you would be proud to work for them.
Questions to ask on the interview?
- What do you like best about working here?
- What are characteristics of top-performing employees?
- Joe Konop of Next Avenue says there are 3 things you want to achieve when asking questions on an interview which are: make sure the interviewer has no reservations about you, show your interest in the company, and find out if you feel the employer is the right fit for you.