Congratulations on getting a JCPenney Interview.
We can all agree interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the JCPenney Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer JCPenney Interview Questions.
JCPenney Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about how your previous and current work experience will help you on the job you are interviewing for.
- Discuss your future goals and make sure these goals align with JCPenney’s business objectives.
2) What can you tell us about JCPenney’s?
- The founder of the company is James Cash Penney.
- JCPenney has approximately 875 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico.
- JCPenney was founded in 1902.
- The headquarters are in Plano Texas.
- JCPenney offers customers a credit card.
3) Why do you want to work for JCPenney’s?
- Mention why you like shopping at JCPenney’s and also state why you think it is better than their competitors.
- JCPenney has a program to invest in children’s nutrition and that no child should go hungry. Mention you would be happy to represent them because of the no child should go hungry initiative.
- State you would also be proud to work for a company that promotes body positivity and that size isn’t a measure of a person’s worth and admire JCPenny’s #HereIAm campaign.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at other JCPenney’s jobs and see if there are any positions that interest you. Try and find a management position.
5) Why should I hire you?
- I am a fast learner.
- I am good with people.
- I am a hard worker.
6) What is your greatest strength?
- My ability to learn things quickly.
- My positive attitude.
7) What is your greatest weakness?
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friend and family.
8) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If they were upset because they could not find a particular product I would find it for them.
- If they were upset because they were unhappy with their purchase I would see if they could return it after referencing JCPenney’s return policy.
9) Questions to ask on a JCPenney Interview?
- What kind of advancements can your top performers expect?
- Is there any training material I can take home if offered the position?
JCPenney Second Interview
- If you have a second interview it is more than likely with someone who is higher up in management. Don’t worry, just study the questions above you will do fine.
JCPenney Interview Attire
- If you are on a JCPenney Interview for sales associate or any other non-management position then dress business casually.
- If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
Does JCPenney background check?
- Several applicants have reported JCPenney does do background checks. However, some applicants say they have never had a background check performed.