Tell us about yourself?
- For this question, you want to sound well-rounded. Talk about previous work experience, education, and any hobbies you may have.
What can you tell us about JC Penny’s?
- The founder of the company is James Cash Penney.
- There are over 1100 JCPenny stores.
- JCPenny was founded in 1902.
- The Headquarters are in Plano Texas.
Why do you want to work for JC Penny’s?
- Mention why you like shopping at JCPennys.
- JCPenny has a program to invest in children’s nutrition and that no child should go hungry. Mention you would be happy to represent them because of the no child should go hungry initiative.
- If you are going to college state you think it is a great way to pay for school.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Have a look at JCPenny’s career website and see if there are any jobs that interest you. Try and mention a management position.
Why should I hire you?
- I am a fast learner.
- I am good with people.
- I am a hard worker.
What is your greatest strength?
- My ability to learn things quickly.
- My positive attitude.
What is your greatest weakness?
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friend and family.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If they were upset because they could not find a particular product I would find it for them.
- If they were upset because they were unhappy with their purchase I would see if they could return it after referencing JCPenney’s return policy.
Any questions for us?
- What kind of advancements can your top performers expect?
- Is there any training material I can take home if offered the position?