1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point. If possible, try to relate any previous work experience you have to the position you are applying at Kelsey’s.
2) What can you tell us about Kelsey’s
- The company was started in 1978 in Oakville Ontario.
- There are over 80 restaurants in Canada.
- The restaurant welcomes and serves over 8 million guests each year.
- The four cheese dip has been on the menu since the first Kelsey’s opened, and they sell around 90000 orders per week.
3) Why do you want to work for us
- State you love the product and the service you get and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because all restaurants have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this is a way that your greatest weekends does not get the way of working at Kelsey’s. Try something like:
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family.
- I don’t take enough time for myself when I get caught up in my work.
6) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it (mention you would check with your manager first) it is important to keep the customer happy as an unhappy customer will never return.
7) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- If you would like to stay in the restaurant industry state something like a career in restaurant management.
8) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
9) What do you like best about working at Kelsey’s?
Most Kelsey’s Interview Questions will end with do you have any questions for us. Here are some sample questions you can ask
- What hours will I work?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What are characteristics of your best employees?
- What do you like best about working here?