A shift supervisor requires you have great communication skills, can coach and train others, works well under pressure, and has great leadership skills. Here you will find KFC Shift Supervisor Interview Questions and Answers.
Shift Supervisor Interview Questions at KFC
Tell us about your work history?
- You want to relate your previous work experience you have to the position of the shift supervisor. They will be looking for someone who has done management in the past. If you have any restaurant experience now is the time to mention it.
How do you motivate others?
- Contrary to popular belief money is not the biggest motivator. Often times we forget to pat someone on the back and tell them you are doing a good job. Telling someone they do a good job goes a long way.
Why do you want to be a team member?
- State you enjoy a challenge and enjoy coaching and mentoring others.
Why should I hire you?
For this question, you want to have a second read of the job description and find key skills they are looking for and restate those skills. After rereading the description here is what I found:
- We have a GREAT culture at KFC and look for GREAT people to add to our family. You know who you are –honest, energetic and fun. Able to get along and talk easily with people. You’re never short of a smile and take real pride in your work; cope well under pressure and thrive on a challenge. (skills: communication, work well under pressure)
- A natural leader, you want to be captain because you can bring together a winning team.. You’re all about teaching new things and motivating the team to work together. (skills: leadership)
- You set high standards for yourself and the people you work with – you love keeping things fun for the team and the customers.(skill: motivational)
- You want to learn how to run great restaurants from the best restaurant managers in the business. (skill: quick learner)
So when asked why should I hire you state:
- I have great communication skills which will allow me to manage other team members.
- I work well under pressure and will stay focused during rush hours.
- I have great leadership and motivational skills.
- I am a quick learner.
Do you have a valid drivers licence?
- It says you may need to drive to make deposits. So if you don’t drive tell them you are in the process of getting your licence. Tell them you have access to a car also.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
This question is designed to see if you have goals but, more importantly, to see if you are a good fit for KFC. If you state you can see yourself in restaurant management then you career goals sound like they are in line with KFC’s business objectives.