Congratulations on getting a Kmart Interview.
We all know interviews are stressfull and competition is high.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the Kmart Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer the Kmart Interview Questions.
Kmart Interview Questions
1) What can you tell us about Kmart?
- Kmart is a large retailer in the U.S., Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- The first Kmart store was opened in Garden City, Michigan
- Kmart is part of the Sears Holding Corporation.
2) Why do you want to work for Kmart?
- If you are going to college mention that you think Kmart is a great way to pay for school.
- State you think Kmart offers their customers great value at an affordable price.
- Say you would like to work for a company that keeps you active.
3) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Be sure to tell them if you have retail or customer service experience.
- If this is your first job tell them this is your first time entering the workforce and you are anxious to prove yourself.
4) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you see yourself staying at Kmart tell them you would like to get into retail management.
- If you are going to college state what you intend to do when you finish.
5) Why should Kmart hire you?
- I am a hard worker.
- I am punctual.
- I am good with people.
- I work well as an individual or in a team.
6) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner or
- I am a people person.
7) How should Kmart deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset with the product I would check Kmart’s return policy and return it.
- If the customer was upset because they could not find an item I would find it for them by walking them to the item and not just point them in a general direction.
8) How would you define great customer service at Kmart?
- There is a good selection of inventory.
- The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the products they sell.
- The lineups at the cash registers are quick and efficient.
- The entire store is clean.
9) What is your greatest weakness?
You will want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job. State something like:
- I am a workaholic and neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
10) How would you deal with a coworker who was stealing?
- I would report what I found to the manager.
11) Do you have a criminal record?
- Be honest and tell the truth.
12) Questions to ask on a Kmart Interview
- What do you like best about working at Kmart?
- What type of advancement can top performing Kmart employees receive?
Kmart Interview Attire
- Dress formally.
- Guys make sure to wear a shirt and tie.
Kmart Second Interview
- If you get a second interview study the questions above and you should be fine.
- The second interview will more than likely be with the manager. If possible, get the managers name and search for her on a social network. See if you have any common interests with the manager if you find them on a social network. Casually mention your mutual interests without letting her know you searched for them online to create rapport.
Kmart Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Have good body posture to prevent you from mumbling.
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
0 of 10 questions completed
Think you know a lot about Kmart? Test your Kmart knowledge with the quiz below.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Question 1 of 10
Which company is the parent company of Kmart?Correct
Question 2 of 10
Kmart is the world’s fourth largest discount retailer?Correct
Kmart is the world’s third largest discount retailer?Incorrect
Kmart is the world’s third largest discount retailer?
Question 3 of 10
Where are the head quarters for Kmart?Correct
Hoffman Estates, IllinoisIncorrect
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Question 4 of 10
What countries are Kmart located in besides the US?Correct
- Puerto Rico
- U.S Virgin Islands
- Puerto Rico
- U.S Virgin Islands
Question 5 of 10
What is the name of the Kmart rewards program?Correct
Shop your wayIncorrect
Shop your way
Question 6 of 10
Kmart has pharmacies in their stores?Correct
Question 7 of 10
Kmart offers their customers layaways?Correct
True. Customers can find a product they like, make a down payment, sign a contract and make payments at the store or online, and when you have made all your payments you can pick up your item.Incorrect
True. Customers can find a product they like, make a down payment, sign a contract and make payments at the store or online, and when you have made all your payments you can pick up your item.
Question 8 of 10
Kmart offers leasing?Correct
True. Kmart does offer leasing. Customers can take the item home immediately and make payments at a later date.Incorrect
True. Kmart does offer leasing. Customers can take the item home immediately and make payments at a later date.
Question 9 of 10
Kmart has a gift registry?Correct
Question 10 of 10
Who is Mr. Blue Light?Correct
Mr. Bluelight is a talking cartoonish blue light bulb who gives customers ideas to help them make the most of their Kmart experience.Incorrect
Mr. Bluelight is a talking cartoonish blue light bulb who gives customers ideas to help them make the most of their Kmart experience.