Great work on getting a Kroger Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Kroger Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Kroger Interview Questions.
Kroger Interview Questions
1) Tell us about your previous work experience?
- Talk about any retail experience you have. If you do not have any retail experience talk about any customer service experience you have. If you don’t have any work experience state it is your first time entering the work force and you are anxious to prove yourself.
2) What can you tell us about Kroger’s?
- Kroger’s is one of the world’s largest grocery stores.
- In 2013, Kroger’s sales were 98 Billion.
- There are about 2500 Kroger stores.
- The first Kroger was opened in Cincinnati in 1883.
3) Why do you want to work for Kroger’s?
- Say you would be proud to work for a company that is a leader in selling organic food. JP Morgan predicts that Kroger is expected to pass Whole Foods to become the nation’s top seller of organic and natural foods.
- Mention you feel if you work hard you there will be plenty of opportunity for growth at Kroger’s.
- Say you always wanted to work for a Fortune 500 company.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great response as other Kroger will have to spend less time training you).
5) What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the jobs at Kroger. Say something like
- When I get caught up in my work I forget to take personal time for myself.
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
6) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you are going to university state what you would like to do when you finish school.
- Kroger has lots of positions in various departments. Have a look at Kroger jobs and find a position you would be interested in doing. Finding a job in five years at Kroger will make you sound like you are not a job hopper.
7) Why should I hire you?
- I am a quick learner
- I am good with people
- I am a hard worker
- I am loyal
- I am ambitious
8) How do you define excellent customer service?
- Kroger offers great value to their customers in terms of price and product selection.
- Excellent customer service.
- The checkout lines are not long and move quickly.
- The staff is never too busy to help a customer.
9) Questions to ask on a Kroger Interview?
- If offered the position does Kroger have any take-home training material I can read?
- What type of advancement can top Kroger employees receive.
- What do you like best about working at Kroger?
Kroger Interview What to Wear
- If you are interviewing for an entry-level position such as a bagger or a courtesy clerk dress business casual. If you are applying for a management position you will want to dress formally.
Kroger Interview Tips
- Do as much research as possible on Kroger.
- Arrive 10 to 15 minutes early.
- Bring extra copies of your resume.
- Speak clearly and make good eye contact during the interview.