Congratulations on getting a Lush Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Lush Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Lush Interview Questions.
Lush Interview Questions
1) Tell me about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
If you answer this question correctly you will be way ahead of the competition.
- You want to talk most about your related work experience. If you have related work experience, you will be way ahead of the competition.
- Suppose you were on a Lush Sales Ambassador Interview. The job description states they are looking for someone with customer service experience, someone who has worked in a team environment, and experience working in skincare or cosmetics.
- If you don’t have related work experience, talk about past jobs, or any volunteer work you have done.
- If you don’t have any experience say you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
- Remember this is not the time to retell your life story!
2) What can you tell me about Lush?
You are probably wondering what is the biggest mistake you can make on the interview!
It’s not knowing enough about the company.
Here are some quick facts about Lush:
- Lush was founded by Mark Constantine and Liz Weir.
- They first started a company called Constantine & Weir which sold products to The Body Shop.
- Eventually, they set up their own shop called Lush. Lush was founded in 1995 and the head office is in Poole England.
- Their products include creams, soaps, shampoos, shower gels, lotions, moisturizers, scrubs, masks, and other cosmetics.
- Lush products are 100% vegetarian.
- Lush is also known for their bath bombs.
- As of July 2012, Lush began selling their “Emotional Brilliance” makeup collection.
3) Why do you want to work for Lush?
- Say you love the product and the service you get at Lush and because of this you would be happy to represent them.
- You can state you would be proud to work for a company that does not do any animal testing.
4) Why should we hire you?
For this question, you will want to reread the job description and find key skills and experience they are looking for and then reassure the interviewer you have those skills.
For example, suppose you are on a Sales Ambassador Interview.
- You are enthusiastic and passionate about Lush Brands. (skill required: quick learner)
- Customer Experience: Offer a tailored customer experience through active listening, genuine curiosity, and expert brand and product knowledge (skill required: good listener, and knowledge about their brands)
- Team Involvement: Show up to each shift with a positive attitude and ready to contribute to the team (skill required: team player)
- Operational Excellence: Help create and maintain an inviting shop atmosphere with fresh product, beautiful displays and efficient and accurate processes that support an environment of excellence and lives the Lush values (skill required: attention to detail)
So when asked why should I hire you say:
- I am a quick learner and will not have any problem learning about products at Lush.
- I am a good listener which will help when communicating with customers.
- I am a team player and will always help other staff members.
- I pay great attention to detail which will ensure the store always has an inviting atmosphere with fresh product and beautiful displays.
5) When can you start?
- The sooner the better, but if you have to leave your current job don’t be afraid to say you need to give your current employer two weeks notice.
6) How would you define excellent customer service?
- The customer is greeted in a warm and friendly manner.
- The staff is knowledgeable about the products and can answer any question the customer has.
- The wait times at the cashier are quick.
7) How would you deal with an upset customer?
First, I would listen to the customer and see what the issue was.
- If it was the product I would see if I could replace it (Tip! Be familiar with their return policy).
- If it was the wait time, state you would apologize and sympathize with the customer.
- If you didn’t know what to do state you would tell your manager for advice on what to do.
8) Do you have any questions for us?
Want to know the best part?
This Lush Interview Question is almost guaranteed to be asked, yet hardly anyone will be prepared to answer it.
Here are some great responses
- What do you like best about working for Lush?
- What are characteristics of your top performing employees?
- What type of advancement can top performing employees receive?
- Why is this position open?
- What type of training will I receive if offered the position?
Lush Interview what to wear
- As a rule of thumb, you want to look at the lush employee dress code and dress one step above.
- If you are on a Lush Christmas Temp Interview or interviewing for an entry level position then dress business casual.
- If you’re interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
Lush Hiring Party What to Expect
- Part of the interview process includes a Lush Hiring Party.
At the Hiring Party, you will be told about Lush Products and what the ingredients are. You will then try and sell it to other applicants.