Congratulations on getting a Macy’s Interview.
We all know how stressful interviews can be.
However, with a little bit of preparation, you can ace the Macy’s job interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer Macy’s Interview Questions. We will also provide an interview cheat sheet, advice about what to wear and tips to help your interview go smoothly.
Macy’s Interview Questions
1) Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
2) What can you tell us about Macy’s?
- Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2013 sales of $27.9 billion.
- Macy’s Inc operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s
- The headquarters are in Cincinnati Ohio.
- Macy’s has over 800 stores.
- The store was founded by Roland Macy.
- Macy is over 150 years old.
3) Why do you want to work for Macy’s?
- Mention you love the product and service you get at Macy’s and because of this, you would be proud to represent them.
4) What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer for a Macy’s interview because they will have to spend less time training you)
- I work well with people. This is a great answer because you will be working with people all the time at Macy’s.
5) What is your greatest weakness?
- When I get caught up in my work I never take any personal time for myself.
6) Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish.
- Take a look at the Macy’s career section and see a job you can see yourself doing in five years.
7) Why should I hire you?
- I work hard, I am a quick learner, and I am punctual.
8) How would you deal with an upset customer?
- If the customer was upset because they could not find an item I would find it for them and not just point them in a general direction.
- If the customer was unhappy with their product I would reference Macy’s Return Policy and see if they could return it.
9) Questions to ask on a Macy’s Interview?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What do you like best about working at Macy’s?
- What type of advancement can your top Macy’s employees receive?
Macy’s Interview Tips
- If you are not applying for an entry-level position research salary ranges before you go into your interview.
- If you have no work experience not to worry. Say you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce.
- Do not speak too fast as you will sound nervous.
- Make good eye contact during the interview.
What to wear to a Macy’s Interview
- Have a look at what attire Macy’s employees are currently wearing and dress one step better.
- You can’t go wrong by dressing formally.
Macy’s Second Interview
- If you get a second interview it will more than likely be with the manager. Study the above questions.
- If possible, find out the managers name and search on the internet what their hobbies and interests are. If you have something in common you will bond well. Don’t mention that you searched them online.