Congratulations on getting a Marco’s Pizza Interview.
We can all agree that being unprepared for an interview is a big mistake.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Marco’s Pizza Job Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Marco’s Pizza Interview Questions and provide valuable interview tips.
Marco’s Pizza Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
Here’s the deal!
You want to show Marco’s Pizza that you have obtained related work experience from previous employment. If you can show this you will be way ahead of the competition.
- For example, my last job was at a fast food chain where I prepared orders in the kitchen. I also worked the cashier and did deliveries. During this time I learned how to work efficiently under pressure and how important it is to be a team player.
- Remember this is not the best time to discuss your hobbies and interests.
- If you don’t have work experience tell the interviewer about any volunteer experience you may have.
- If you don’t have any volunteer experience, don’t worry, just tell them that you have been focusing on school and now you are ready to prove yourself in the workforce.
What can you tell us about Marco’s Pizza?
- Marco’s Pizza is head quartered in Toledo Ohio.
- Marco’s Pizza is the fastest growing restaurant chain in the United States.
- The company has over 800 restaurants in 30 states, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and India.
- Pasquale “Pat” Giammarco founded Marco’s Pizza in 1978.
- In addition to pizza, Marco’s sells subs, wings, salads, cheesy bread, desserts, chips, and beverages.
- The pizza dough is made fresh daily in every store.
- Marc’s uses 100% real cheese that blankets every pizza is always fresh, never frozen.
- Marco’s Pizza pushes a standard called PSI (Product, Service, Image). Marco’s believes that if the product is right and the ingredients are the best, and that if they have the product, the service, and the image then customers will come through the door.
- If you are not that familiar with Marcos watch this excellent review by Atlanta Eats and learn more about this pizza chain.
What do you want to work for Marco’s?
- Say you would like to learn more about the restaurant industry and feel that you could learn a lot from America’s fastest-growing restaurant.
- Say you love the product and the service you get at Marco’s Pizza and would be proud to represent them. After all, in 2017 Marco’s was voted the favorite pizza company in America by consumers in a Market Force study.
How would you define excellent customer service?
- The food is made to order.
- The service is quick and friendly.
- The restaurant is clean both inside and outside.
How would you deal with an upset customer at Marco’s Pizza?
- Say you first would listen to the customer and find out why he or she is upset.
- If it was the product say you would replace it.
- If it was the wait apologize.
- If you didn’t know what to do state you would talk to your manager.
Why should we hire you?
Now is the time to mention your skills set.
Restaurant loves to get people with these skills. Say you
- Work well under pressure.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are upbeat and positive.
- You have excellent organizational skills.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don’t know what to say then perhaps mention you want to become a restaurant manager or general manager. This will sound like a good fit for Marco’s Pizza.
How is your driving record?
- This question is mainly designed for Marco’s Pizza Delivery drivers. Be honest and tell the truth.
Why did you leave your last job?
- Remember not to say anything negative about your last employer. The best answer is to speak well about your previous employer but state you have learned all you can and now you are ready for new challenges.
How well do you handle stress?
- Say you don’t mind stress at all and you enjoy the challenge of working under pressure.
What hours can you work?
- The more flexible you are with your hours the better chance you have to get hired at Marco’s Pizza.
- Let the interviewer know if you can work weekends.
Do you have any questions for us?
Want to know the best part?
This question is almost guaranteed to be asked and yet hardly anyone is prepared for it.
Here are some great answers
- What do you like best about working with Marco’s Pizza?
- What type of advancement can top performing employees receive?
- How would you describe the ideal candidate at Marco’s?
- What type of training will I receive if offered the position?
Marco’s Interview Tips
- Arrive 10 minutes early (no more or less).
- Make good eye contact throughout the interview.
- Turn off your smartphone.
- Don’t speak too fast as you will sound nervous or too slow as you will sound boring.
- Learn as much about Marco’s Pizza as possible.
Marco’s Interview Attire
- If you are in an entry-level position like a delivery driver then dress business casually. Remember you want to look like someone who can serve food so if you have long hair wear it back, and wear a limited amount of jewelry.
- If you are interviewing for a management position then dress formally.
Does Marco’s Pizza Drug Test?
- Most employees report that Marco’s does not drug test. However, on the Marco’s Pizza job application it does state
I understand, where permissible under applicable state and local law, I may be subject to a pre-employment drug test after receiving a conditional offer of employment, and must receive a negative result for illegal drug use before being permitted to commence work with Marco’s