Congratulations on getting a Marks and Spencer Interview.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Marks and Spencer Job Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer Marks and Spencer Interview Questions.
Marks and Spencer Interview Questions
Tell us about yourself?
- Talk about your hobbies, previous work experience, and education. Keep your explanation brief and to the point.
What can you tell us about Marks and Spencer?
- Marks & Spencer began in Leeds in 1884.
- The company has around 800 stores in the UK and over 450 stores internationally.
- The company is known for selling clothing and high-end food products.
- In January 2007, Marks & Spencer launched Plan A. Plan A goal is to protect the planet, by sourcing responsibility, reducing waste, and helping communities.
Who is the CEO?
- Marc Bolland
Why do you want to work for Marks and Spencer?
- State you love the product and the service you get at Marks and Spencer and because of this, you would be happy to represent them.
What is your greatest strength?
- I am a quick learner (this is a great answer because they will have to spend less time training you) or
- I work well under pressure (this is a great answer because Marks will have their rush hour and you need to stay focused during this time)
What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not impact your ability to work at Marks and Spencer. State something like
- I am a workaholic and I neglect my friends and family or
- When I get caught up in my work I don’t take enough personal time for myself.
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- I would find out what is wrong with the customer. If it was the product I would offer to replace it.
- If they were upset because they could not find a particular product I would try and find it for them and not point them in a general direction.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If going to college or university state what you would like to be doing after you finish but try and relate your degree to Marks and Spencer’s business objectives.
Why should I hire you?
- For this question, you will want to reread the job description and find skills they are looking for and reread this skills. For example, if you will be working in a team then they will want to hear you have great teamwork skills. If you will be working with customer tell them you have excellent communication skills.
How did you find this job
- If you found the job on their website tell them you always wanted to work at Marks and Spencer’s and have been actively applying on their site.
Are you bondable?
- In order to work with money, you cannot have a criminal record. So if you don’t have a criminal record say yes.
What five words would describe you?
Questions to ask on the interview
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What type of advancement can your best employees receive?
- What do you like best about working here?
Marks and Spencer Interview what to wear?
- If you are dressing for an entry-level position such as a customer assistant than dress business casual. If you are applying for a management position dress formally.