Congratulations on getting a McDonalds Interview.
The McDonalds Interview Process consists of open interviews (walk-in), one-on-one, group interviews, and second interviews.
We all know interviews are stressful and competition is intense.
However, with a small amount of preparation, you can ace the McDonalds Job Interview.
Here you will find how to successfully answer McDonalds Job Interview Questions.
McDonalds Interview Questions
1. What can you tell us about McDonald’s?
- McDonald’s is the largest quick service restaurant chain in the world.
- Today there are over 36,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
- McDonald’s sells hamburgers, cheeseburgers, chicken, French Fries, breakfast items, soft drinks, shakes, and desserts.
- McDonald’s offers a wide variety of healthy food options such as salads, yogurts, apple and orange juice, snack wraps, and fresh fruit.
- Approximately 70 percent of McDonald’s’ U.S. sales now come from drive-thru windows.
2. Why do you want to work at McDonald’s?
- McDonald’s is a huge corporation and I see lots of opportunities to learn and grow. I read on the McDonald’s website more than 50% of McDonald’s franchise owners started off behind the counter and so did 75% of restaurant managers.
- If going to school state, it is a great way to pay for school.
- I want to be challenged and I feel the fast-paced environment would be a good fit for me.
- I feel McDonald’s offers exceptional value for their customers and because of this, I would be proud to represent them.
3. Why should I hire you?
- I am a quick learner and will not have any issue learning the product line at McDonald’s or how to use the point of sale system.
- I pay great attention to detail and will always make sure the orders are accurate and my station is clean and tidy.
- I am great with people and will always make sure customers feel welcome by greeting them with a smile.
4. What hours can you work?
- It is in your best interest to be as flexible as possible with your hours so try and say yes. Note many of their restaurants are now open 24 hours a day.
5. Are you good at math?
- Say Yes. Remember this is basic addition and subtracting (making change)
6. Are you looking for full time or part time work?
- I don’t think there is a wrong answer to this question. McDonald’s is always looking for part time and part time employees.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years?
This question is designed to see if you have career goals but also to see if you are a good fit for the industry.
- If you are going to college tell them what you plan on doing and relate how working at McDonald’s can help you with your career goals. For example, if you are studying commerce, state you think working at a Fortune 500 company can teach you a lot about business.
- Perhaps you want to learn about the restaurant industry if so tell them you would like to get into restaurant management.
- If you don’t have a five-year career plan, then browse jobs on popular employment websites and find a something you would love to do in five years.
8. Do you have a criminal record?
- Be honest and tell the truth.
9. What experience do you have?
- If you have other restaurant experiences talk about it. Talk about any cashier experience you may have. If you don’t have restaurant experience or any other type of experience don’t worry. McDonald’s hire lots of first time workers.
10. What is your greatest strength?
There are several great answers for this question. Here are my recommendations
- I work well when under pressure.
- I have great teamwork skills.
- I have excellent communication skills.
11. What is your greatest weakness?
You want to answer this question in a way your greatest weakness does not cost you the job at McDonald’s. Say something like
- When I get caught up in my job I don’t take enough time for myself.
- I work too much and I neglect my friends and family.
12. How do you define great customer service?
- The food is delivered on time and made to order.
- If the customer was elderly or with children I would ask them if they would like to sit down and I can bring the food to them.
- The restaurant is clean inside and outside of the restaurant.
13. Do you have any questions for us?
- What kind of training will I receive?
- What hours will I work?
- What are characteristics of your top performers at McDonald’s?
- What do you like best about working at McDonald’s?
What to wear at a McDonalds Interview
- If you have long hair wear it back.
- Don’t wear any jewelry.
- Dress one step better than the interviewer.
What to bring to a McDonalds Interview
- Bring two extra copies of your resume.
- Bring something to write on.
- A sheet with references.
- A sheet with questions.
Tip: Don’t use the word fast food!!!
- For those of you who are interviewing at restaurants remember never to say “fast food”. You should say — quick service restaurant. When someone says fast food it usually congers up the image of obese people with unhealthy diets. Fast food restaurants or quick service restaurants understand that their food should be eaten in moderation and spends a lot of money marketing food quality so don’t insult them by using the word “fast food”.
0 of 14 questions completed
Think you know a lot about McDonald’s? Take the McDonald’s Interview Prep Quiz
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 14 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
Good luck on your inteview
Question 1 of 14
The ingredients in a Big Mac are?Correct
Question 2 of 14
Who is Ray Kroc?Correct
Question 3 of 14
When did McDonald’s start offering free Wi-Fi?Correct
Question 4 of 14
What are the ingredients to a quarter pounder with cheese?Correct
Question 5 of 14
McDonald’s breakfast sandwich, The Egg McMuffin was added to the national menu inCorrect
Question 6 of 14
McDonald’s Headquarters are located inCorrect
Question 7 of 14
Which burger has the most calories?Correct
Question 8 of 14
New owners of franchisees are sent to a training facility in Elk Grove Village Illinois. The name of the training center is called?Correct
Question 9 of 14
The name of the CEO isCorrect
Question 10 of 14
Chicken McNuggets were added to the menu in what decade?Correct
Chicken McNuggets are added to the national menu in 1983Incorrect
Chicken McNuggets are added to the national menu in 1983
Question 11 of 14
McDonald’s Mission Statement is?Correct
McDonald’s brand mission is to be our customers’ favorite place and way to eat and drink. Our worldwide operations are aligned around a global strategy called the Plan to Win, which center on an exceptional customer experience – People, Products, Place, Price and Promotion. We are committed to continuously improving our operations and enhancing our customers’ experience.Incorrect
Question 12 of 14
The Shamrock Shake is now offered all year roundCorrect
Question 13 of 14
McDonald’s bought this restaurant in May of 2000 but sold it in August of 2007?Correct
Question 14 of 14
Which country was the first country to have McCafe?Correct
- McDonald’s Crew Member Interview
- McDonald’s Cashier Interview
- McDonald’s Salary Ranges
- McDonald’s Job Descriptions