Job Descriptions at McDonald’s
McDonald’s Crew Member Job Description
A Crew Team Member works in the kitchen but can also work in the front of the restaurant and take orders for customers. Crew members also work the drive thru. McDonald’s Crew Member duties include:
- Greeting customers with a smile
- Taking accurate food orders
- Preparing all of McDonald’s World Famous food
- Partnering with other Crew and Managers to meet target goals during your shift
- Restaurant Cleanliness
- Ensuring items are well stocked
McDonald’s Cashier Job Description
A cashier takes orders for customers, makes customers change when necessary, and assists with self-order kiosks. McDonald’s Cashier duties include:
- Maintain a fast speed of service, especially during rush times
- Take orders from customers and input their selections into the restaurant’s computer systems
- Assemble orders on trays or in bags depending on the type of order.
- Process large orders for events
McDonald’s Cook Job Description
A McDonald’s Cook works in the kitchen and prepares orders for customers. Specific tasks include
- Prepares meals during breakfast, lunch, and dinner rush hours.
- Follows recipes with great attention to detail.
- Always applies food safety principles.
- Communicates with cashiers, and crew members.
McDonald’s Shift Manager Job Description
A Shift Manager provides leadership to crew and other managers during a shift to ensure great Quality, Service, and Cleanliness to customers.
Shift Managers perform a variety of tasks, which may include
- Planning for each shift
- Inventory Management
- Monitoring performance during the shift
- Taking action to ensure the team is meeting McDonald’s standards
- Monitoring food safety, security, and profitability
- Communicating with the next Shift Manager to help prepare him/her to run a great shift, too.
- Shift Managers may also be responsible for meeting targets during their shifts and for helping their assigned Departments meet their goals.
- Daily Maintenance and Cleanliness
- Managing Crew and Training
- Quality Food Production
- Exceptional Customer Service
McDonald’s Department Manager Job Description
Managers lead shifts every week, making sure customers get a fast, accurate, friendly experience every visit. But some managers also lead Departments. These managers’ responsibilities may include managing assigned Systems, like
- Training, Food Safety
- Inventory Management
- Setting goals
- Delegating tasks to their teams, following up, and reporting results back to their team and other managers.
The Guest Service Department Manager’s responsibilities may include making sure
- Crew and Managers deliver a great customer experience
- Sales promotions are done well,
- Service staff are trained in service procedures
- The Front Counter McCafé and Drive-Thru areas are organized for the best service.
The Kitchen Department Manager’s responsibilities may include
- Making sure the restaurant delivers great quality food to customers, and fast,
- Food is always safe, that food cost is controlled
- Kitchen staff are trained in production procedures, including new items that are added to the menu.
The People Department Manager’s responsibilities may include
- Making sure the restaurant hires qualified crew
- Trains them well, and schedules them to meet restaurant sales and profit goals.
- This manager’s responsibilities may also include making sure Crew get off to a good start at the restaurant and that they are recognized and motivated throughout their time working there.