So you got a Meijer Interview!
We can all agree being unprepared for an interview is a huge mistake.
However, with a small amount of preparation you can ace the Meijer Interview.
Here we will discuss how to successfully answer Meijer Job Interview Questions.
Meijer Interview Questions
What do you know about Meijer?
- Meijer offers groceries, clothing, footwear, gasoline, sporting clothing and equipment, bedding, furniture, jewelry, health and beauty products, toys, electronics, housewares, and pet supplies.
- Meijer stores are classified as supercenters or hypermarkets (a superstore that combines groceries and department store goods in the same store).
- Meijer is in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and Wisconsin.
Why do you want to work at Meijer?
- Say you feel Meijer offers their customers exceptional value with excellent customer service and would be happy to call yourself an employee.
- State your recently visited Meijer in the community page and saw how they help the community with hunger relief, disaster relief, health and wellness, and education. Say you would be proud to work for a company that plays a positive role in the community.
- Say you like the fact that Meijer really values their employee’s opinions and feedback as seen in the fresh ideas program. In this program, employees submit ideas about how to improve the business. If an idea is implemented the employee receives an award.
What would your previous manager say about you?
Think of the skills required for the position you are interviewing for and reassure the interviewer you have those skills.
- For example, if you are on a Meijer Cashier interview odds are they will want someone who is a good communicator, works well under pressure, and a fast learner. Therefore you need to reassure the interviewer you have the skills required to be an excellent cashier.
How would you define excellent customer service?
- The staff is knowledgeable about where the products are located.
- The staff is friendly.
- The inventory is well stocked.
- The customer is not waiting too long in line to cash out.
- If a customer is looking for a particular item in the store, they are not just pointed in the general direction but asked if they would like help in finding the product.
What are the Five core values at Meijer?
The winning strategy is the customers come first, they win with the team and we are passionate to compete.
- Safety and health
How would you deal with an upset customer?
- Listen to the customer and understand why they are upset.
- Sympathize with the customer and show them you care.
- Try to fix the problem or talk to someone else who can.
- Finally, say you would not let him or her upset you for the rest of the day and look at it as a learning experience.
Why did you leave your last job?
Let’s first discuss what not to say!
- Do not say anything negative about your previous employer!
Possible answers are
- I enjoyed my time at my last job, however, I have outgrown my current role and I am looking for new challenges.
- The commute was too long.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
- If you don’t know what to say why not have a look at other Meijer jobs and find something you can see yourself doing in five years?
Describe a problem you have faced in the past and how did you overcome it?
- It is ok to have conflicts at work but make sure you give an example of how you overcame it.
- LiveCareer says to avoid speaking poorly of former co-workers, don’t be self-focused and discussing yourself in a superior light, avoid discussing your own shortcomings, and don’t choose a situation that isn’t job-related.
Questions to ask in a Meijer Interview?
- What do you like best about working at Meijer?
- What type of advancement can top employees receive?
- What are characteristics of top performing employees at Meijer?
What to wear to a Meijer Interview?
Here’s the deal!
- If you dress poorly then the interviewer will think you don’t care.
- If you are applying for an entry-level position such as a cashier, then dress business casually.
- Tip! If you are customer facing and near any kind of food then you will want to look like someone who can serve and prepare food. So, if you have long hair then wear it back and wear a limited amount of jewelry.
- If you are interviewing for a managerial position then dress formally.
How long does a Meijer background check take?
- The background check should not take longer than a week. Don’t be afraid to call the employer if you have waited longer than one week.
Does Meijer drug test new employees?
- The majority of Meijer employees have not reported being tested for drugs. However, truck drivers and trailer operators are required to take a drug test.